Gave birth almost two weeks ago to one kitten, belly still looks big

juanda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My cat just gave birth to only one kitten at the beginning of the month and it's been almost two weeks and her belly still looks big and pregnant. She keeps licking her vulva and I'm watching for some discharge but there's none. She doesn't look sick or in pain or troubled. She's nursing and grooming her kitten. She eats, drinks, and uses the litter just fine. But I'm worried why her belly still looks big. And this morning, she was yowling and rubbing herself everywhere like she's in heat. Anyway, is it possible that she's still pregnant? Thank you.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is very possible. You’d need a vet visit to be sure, and it might be a good idea so you can rule out any leftover problems in the uterus. Let us know what the vet says.

J juanda

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I would get her checked out by a vet. Two weeks is a bit long for her to deliver more, but if she were impregnated at two different times - which is possible - then there certainly could be more kittens in her womb. Issues with the uterus, as noted above, are also a possibility.