Gas relief IBD cat

TabbyCatandMe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do you treat gas in cats? I read about baby gas relief but also that it doesn’t work for some. My Ibd cat has been having some stinky farts and I wonder if the gas is causing him pain and refusal to eat. I’ve tried homeopathy drops but that didn’t seem to work. He’s been on raw diet and also supplemented with probiotics for years. It’s only recent that he has this problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TabbyCatandMe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to add that I’ve started him on colostrum two months ago hoping to help with his herpesvirus. Not sure if that’s related to his gas problem.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible that he has a sensitivity to something in his food. What, exactly -- foods and supplements -- are you feeding him? We've found that our cat with (presumed) IBD has the most difficulties with ingredients like thickeners. She came to us with incredibly stinky gas (and very bad breath, too) but it went away as soon as we took foods with potato out of her diet.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
In humans, colostrum can cause gas because it is a cow's milk product. I am certainly not telling you not to use it though if you are getting some other support from it.