Gas for the car is up again.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas stations range from 3.04 to 3.12/gallon.
Thank goodness for the baby car. Though we have winterblend gas which has dropped my mpg to a bit obver 34 mpg. We only get about 16-17 mpg with the truck-which is rarely being used!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Ah, yes, the US and UK ounce size difference. Always a source of 'discussion' between my BF and I.
(He's from England) And it usually has to do with beer volume, for some reason. Is it a UK pint? Is it a half liter? Is it a US pint? Is it a lame US 14 oz 'pint'?

Anyway, since I was off from school for 3 weeks, I hadn't really driven much for all that time, and therefore didn't need gas. I don't think I got gas for about a month. I filled up on Friday and was a bit shocked! When did gas get that high? I didn't know about this!!
$3.21/gal for regular. Ick. Luckily i have a little Toyota Echo that doesn't suck too much gas...

Still though, it's not as bad as UK, or Canada.
1 lit1 litre is 1.76 pints

A scooner is 3/4 of a pint which I believe is 16oz but I think that's a German measurement

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas here is 109.1 right now. Thats in litres though, not sure what that is in gallons. Our camaro costs $50-60 to fill. Up until last week, my husband was filling the tank 1-2 times a week when he had to drive 2 hours a day for work. Thankfully, he doesn't have to do that anymore.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its pretty cold out still, but when its dry I've been riding the motorcycle.

55mpg 87 octane of the motorcycle is a lot better than the 17mpg average on 89 octane of the Impala SS, thats for sure!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The gas prices are around 1,50€ per litre at the moment here, so that would be 5,7€ ($7.40) per gallon (US?).

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here in Ventura, I'm paying 3.29 at ARCO. We gotta keep those Saudis in their palaces of gold!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are sitting around $1.12 a litre, $5.08/Imp Gallon. What really hurts is I am in the middle of the danged oil patch and the refinery is 50 miles away.

Whisky'sDad - very little of your gas and oil comes from the Middle East, most comes from Canada and Alaska.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

We are sitting around $1.12 a litre, $5.08/Imp Gallon. What really hurts is I am in the middle of the danged oil patch and the refinery is 50 miles away.

Whisky'sDad - very little of your gas and oil comes from the Middle East, most comes from Canada and Alaska.
Really? Didn't know that...