Garfield...Baby...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your story has brought tears to my eyes. What a lovely and caring vet. If only there were more of them around.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by queenfe

I did tell the vet about this site, he asked me to email him the link, done that...
As promised here is a better looking happier baby today, oh and btw yes the vet gave my hubby the goodies.
Originally Posted by queenfe

Thank you thank you thank you... would those words ever be enough for the love and understanding towards my baby and I.
The outcome was so amazing at the vets I really am happy.

Firstly I sat for over an hour waiting to be seen, when we got baby inside. I tried to remember everything I read and wanted to ask all these questions. The Dr frowned at me and said wow you know plenty about CATS.. I smiled and said "Oh no, I was sent some ANGELS to guide me this time"
Well this is what the dr said and done.
He cleaned babies wounds/sores up. I took him the meds the other vet gave me, he looked at them and put them one side. He showed me how to clean up these sores etc.. I felt a bit ill and he told me to go outside, hubby and him stayed with baby and cleaned him up. I heard plenty meows coming out that room and a few swear words...lol sure that baby had scratched them...
After about 15 min they called me back in, OMG... I am shocked baby's face is almost bold, did they shave him? No... because I wasn't cleaning baby's face properly the blood was drying on his little face making him scratch harder and more often. Dam how was I to know that.. Baby has three small sores no bigger than a sizes of a grape. Dr told me now that his face is clean I simply got to clean him up three times a day. I got a gel like cream that has no smell and looking at it seems no name either..lol. Dr gave baby an injection and told me to keep him clean and to bring baby back on saturday morning. I think the dr saw the concern on my face about that. Then he took my hand and told me "No charge" I felt I wanted to hug this man, this stranger that understood without me speaking.
When we went out the doctors room I realised I hadn't asked him one important question and didn't want to wait until the next visit.
I told hubby to wait in the car for me I would be right back. I asked the doctor why this happened to baby and how to prevent it. He told me he couldn't give me an answer until he has gotten the blood results back, I asked when my I bring baby back for those. He told me that was already done, told me to go home and enjoy my kitty and not to worry things would be ok.
When I got to the car, dear hubby had tears in his eyes I asked what was wrong, it couldn't be baby that ran away he is in his kitty box. Hubby pointed to the boot and told me wait to see when we get home.
At home I took baby inside, and hubby came in a few minutes later, carrying a bag of sorts.
In this bag, where six meduim stainless steel bowls, two large bowls, three bags of Royal cat food, and some tins of cat food. I was shocked.
My faith has been restored in life and people again..
I will try take pics of baby as soon as he comes out of hiding..lol.
And I will keep everyone updated.
Thank you once again from the bottom of my heart.
Sharon
Aww Sharon- I am soo happy to see such a wonderful update!
You just made my day! I was worrying over your kitty all day yesterday and hoping everything went well at the vet's office!

Your new vet sounds like a terrific and very compassionate person. We need more people like that in this world! What a wonderful thing he did for you and your baby!
I bet it feels like a huge weight lifted off of you

I am glad the new vet thought enough to clean the wounds properly! (that makes such a huge difference in the recovery process!). He already looks a lot better in the new picture!

You're kitty is lucky to have you and your husband (and a wonderful new vet) to look after him!
Many vibes headed that way for a full recovery!! I am soo thrilled over this update

Also glad to hear about the new bowls and food and that he was thorough enough to run bloodwork (that will really help!)- that is so great!

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh my goodness what a huge improvement!!
I love the sound of this vet, so stick with him

Wait until Nikki sees the update and new picture
You're right Susan! I was soo thrilled to see this update!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone...

Baby is doing so much better today, he is up to his tricks again. Oh man how I missed that.
I was making dinner last night, and the phone rang, so I went off to answer and silly me left the cream cheese un attended, oh did baby have a feast...lol.
I so wanted to scold him, but that look in his eyes, melted me. As if to say but mommy I have been good for so long, allow me this treat...lol.
Well dinner was changed fast and baby laid the rest of the night licking his chops...lol.
will be posting here with pics again.
And once again thank you soooo much for the understanding shown here.
Sharon