Game - Answer the last question and ask the next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HA!!!! No, because I have no art work. Just prints.

What is your favorite work of art? Have you actually viewed it?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HA!!!! No, because I have no art work. Just prints.

What is your favorite work of art? Have you actually viewed it?
Anything by Picasso. Yes, I have viewed Picassos in real life.

Ever had a book signed by the author in person?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No but my mother left me a first edition David Copperfield. wish it had been signed by CD.

Do you like champagne? If so, what is your fave?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink, but I'm guessing I would like the most expensive kind. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

What is your favorite cocktail?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

NO

Have you insured your window panes and all interior glass items in your home?
Why would anyone do that?
I have insured all window panes and glass items in my appartment and fortunately so because my exterior windowpanes have been broken by strong storms many times. Also I have expensive crystal wine glasses and vases as well as table glass tops, glass display cases etc.  plus 8 great grandchildren and a cat who often run around the place.  There is nothing extraordinary about insuring your valuable possessions against accidents. Many people do.

Last edited:

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. I get proud of myself about individual small accomplishments, but I'm not sure on a large scale level. I guess I'm proud that I'm mostly the kind of person I wanted to be when I was younger.

(On the glass insurance thing, I would think that would just be included with general homeowners or renters insurance. It's it a separate thing?)

What things do you see looking around where you are right now?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Snow, trees, cats, snow, some more snow, cats, trees, cats and snow.

(I think I'm getting cabin fever.)

What are you most looking forward to this year?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD is getting her Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Central Florida in Orlando in May 

What else?? NO STUDENT LOANS!! 

She got accepted to grad school so she's going to keep going. She's on schedule to have her Master's in Fall 2018. 

Did you get your cats a Valentine's day gift?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Kat0121, congrats to your DD! Excellent work!

No, but the cats gave me a cute Valentine's Day card this morning.

Did you give/receive anything for Valentine's Day today? (Rick took me out to breakfast on Sat morning and I made him snickerdoodles. We gave each other cards this morning and I gave him a bag of miniature Reese's PB cups.)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a goody bag for DD with candy, nail polish and a Tsum Tsum mini plush of Duchess from the Aristocats.  The kids got some yummy treats with the Petsmart order.   They were pretty happy. DD bought me a bag of Haribo gummy bears when she was at work the other night. 

If you celebrate Easter, are you planning a big meal?

@Winchester  Thanks! I am so proud of my baby. Getting her through the 4 years with no loans was tough but we did it. Hopefully we can get her through grad school the same way. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You should be proud. I think it's amazing. And you are, too, for helping her get through it. Sometimes, I think that was one of the most difficult things we ever did, getting our son through college. He went to a private college and it was expensive. We did whatever we needed to do so that he didn't have student loans (honestly, they can kill a kid just starting out) and it was rough on everybody during those four years. We paid his bills, my parents gave him spending money every single week that boy was in school; they didn't miss even one week. Rick's parents paid for all his books and supplies and, some of those Physics textbooks were expensive. Everybody chipped in to help him. You do what you gotta do.

Sorry, I took the thread again, but I wanted to answer Kat's post. Back on track now! 

As for Easter, while we don't celebrate it in a religious sort of way, I always plan a big meal. (I use any excuse to cook, I think! 
 ) Rick used to go to church and he would take his mom. She no longer attends church as it's difficult for her to get around. And he's pretty much bagged it now, too. I think he'll get back to it eventually, but for now, he's done with it. But yeah, I'll cook. Haven't gotten to the planning stage yet though.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

You should be proud. I think it's amazing. And you are, too, for helping her get through it. Sometimes, I think that was one of the most difficult things we ever did, getting our son through college. He went to a private college and it was expensive. We did whatever we needed to do so that he didn't have student loans (honestly, they can kill a kid just starting out) and it was rough on everybody during those four years. We paid his bills, my parents gave him spending money every single week that boy was in school; they didn't miss even one week. Rick's parents paid for all his books and supplies and, some of those Physics textbooks were expensive. Everybody chipped in to help him. You do what you gotta do.

Sorry, I took the thread again, but I wanted to answer Kat's post. Back on track now! 

As for Easter, while we don't celebrate it in a religious sort of way, I always plan a big meal. (I use any excuse to cook, I think! 
 ) Rick used to go to church and he would take his mom. She no longer attends church as it's difficult for her to get around. And he's pretty much bagged it now, too. I think he'll get back to it eventually, but for now, he's done with it. But yeah, I'll cook. Haven't gotten to the planning stage yet though.
Don't forget your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.