Gadget free for one day starting tomorrow

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh for goodness sakes....I was confused for a bit because I thought you were posting that a certain gadget would be free for a day. Came to find out what kind of freebie I could get my hands on...read your post...was like..."uh...where's the link?".. :doh: :ohwell:

Anyway, good for you. I'll probably never go completely gadget free, because I don't really use much to begin with. I only have a laptop...no phone, no tablet...nothing else that connects me to the world. And the only social media I use is this site, and I will randomly check my towns local facebook page for news and updates about what's going on around town. I applaud you for trying to disconnect for a bit...it'll be good for you......it would be good for everyone really.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if I could do without my laptop. I could do without my cellphone on a weekend, I work remotely and use it for work. We have a phone through my work equipment but it isn't actually a phone, I have to use a headphone plugged in and I hate the headphones. I only use it when I call Medicare because they have the software to detect that a provider is calling on a cell phone and they don't allow that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've gone without my laptop when it needed a service repair and it was hell but going without my cell phone would be even worse. :eek:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've taken breaks from social media but not my entire gadget. I've found them really helpful to reset my mind a bit. I could tell getting on was just causing more stress. Like I was picking it up from people online. I'd probably enjoy a gadget break more if I could just be home and not doing much that day. But I can't see myself doing it while running errands or something like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken breaks from social media but not my entire gadget. I've found them really helpful to reset my mind a bit. I could tell getting on was just causing more stress. Like I was picking it up from people online. I'd probably enjoy a gadget break more if I could just be home and not doing much that day. But I can't see myself doing it while running errands or something like that.
I have nothing to do but clean and exercise. No car. No playing on my tablet like now I found some cute games to play

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could for short times, but I’d rather not. I only use three social media sites, but I also store knitting patterns, photos and games on my iPad, and often enough have to use maps for unfamiliar places. Given the number of appointments my mother has and how often they get rescheduled, I can’t afford to be without my phone (I don’t have a landline).

Besides, if I went without, how would I snap all those kitty pictures?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since there has been major construction going on nearby, I went into a forced withdrawal for awhile. Lol Even the landline! I was mostly concerned about others needing to reach me or people I left waiting for something but the peace was really nice. More cat play time? Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a peak now turned my tablet off