Gabby Giffords

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone watch the 20/20 Special on her last night? What a long way she's had to come! I was moved to tears through some of the Interview. Here's hoping that she keeps recovering. Did anyone else watch?

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I did catch some of it and it did bring me to tears also.  She really has come far and I too hope she continues to get better and better, such a very brave woman with a great man at her side.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I watched it and it was so moving.    Doesn't take much to make me cry.   She is an amazing woman and her husband is amazing too.

Let's hope for a full recovery.  I think she's got it in her to go a long way.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a part of it, and I am happy for her amazing recovery ...But I didn't like how Diane Sawyer was treating her...talking to her like she is deaf or can't understand English! I was a little ticked off...Considering only 5 weeks after the shooting, as her husband read her the newspaper and skipped a paragraph, she stopped him and pointed to the paragraph he skipped!! So she understands absolutely everything that is going on, just still has trouble speaking...Diane Sawyer was talking to her like she would to a little child.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I shed quite a few tears watching this- what an inspiration Gabby is! and the lover her and her husband share, wow :heart2:

I saw a part of it, and I am happy for her amazing recovery ...But I didn't like how Diane Sawyer was treating her...talking to her like she is deaf or can't understand English! I was a little ticked off...Considering only 5 weeks after the shooting, as her husband read her the newspaper and skipped a paragraph, she stopped him and pointed to the paragraph he skipped!! So she understands absolutely everything that is going on, just still has trouble speaking...Diane Sawyer was talking to her like she would to a little child.
I kinda noticed that, and it was irritating me too- like when she asked about running for congress and Gabby couldn't come up with the right word, Sawyer said something and it was so obviously off base :mad:

Last edited:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard an interview with her husband yesterday on All Things Considered, I think.  Pretty interesting.  I haven't seen the TV interview, but I know it's hard for such verbal people as most journalists are to deal with someone who has lost some of that ability, however temporary it might be.

They did play the last page of her book, with her reading it.  I'm sure it took many takes.

However, when it comes to forgetting words, I've proven to myself that I am perfectly capable of being unable to come up with the correct word, even when I know it perfectly.  Embarrassing, but natural.

Last edited: