furry alarm clock

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our three have us trained, too. It starts about 6:00 am every day (though they're an hour behind just now due to daylight savings time
). Tailer starts it off by climbing onto my husband's dresser and pushing the noisiest thing he can find off. This is apparently the opening bell. It's followed by Forest, who starts meowing as loud as he can, and then Harvey will run back and forth across the head of our bed. Tailer proceeds to continue to knock anything off the dresser he can get his paws on. (If we clear everything off the dresser before bed in an attempt to stop the opening bell, Tailer will actually carry something up there to knock off
)

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just have to relate a related story..

I never sleep in, thanks to Lovey...
For some reason, he let me sleep in to where I overslept for work..
My alarm time was accidentally an hour behind.
I left the bedroom door open and this morning, I awoke to him sitting on my chest, reaching out with his paw every few seconds to pat my cheek.
He was just sitting there doing this..No meowing or moving about..just sitting and pawing as if to say "mummy you are sleeping in..wake up. wake up. wake up!!"

It was sooooo cute..
The ONLY day he isn't getting into things in my room or meowing about...
just sitting there patiently acting all mature and I am late for work!!!

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anyone who knows me knows I am NOT (repeat NOT) a morning person. Never have been.

Cosmo seeks to change that

Around 6:30 he decides it's time for me to get up. He comes up on my side of the bed and jumps right onto the bed in the spot between my arms and my pillow (near my shoulder) and meowwwwwws meowwwwws meowwwwwws.

Some days I pet him, which means he goes away in a huff (no man, I want to PLAY!)...
Some days I gently nudge him off the bed (he's lucky it's not more than that knowing how I am in the morning! but I would NEVER-)....
And most days I just grab the extra long shoe lace on my nightstand and dangle if off the edge of the bed. That keeps him occupied for a while (as I doze off) until my daughter wakes up and then he goes and follows her around

tigeramy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love to hear all these kitty stories.

I always get up about an hour before my husband does and as soon as I am up our one cat, Max, sits at my Husband's side of the bed and cries the most pathetic meow I have ever heard, I guess he wants him to get up also. Once my husband gets annoyed he'll shut the cat out of the bedroom but Max will just sit outside the room and keep on crying.

I just think it's so cute but I really should try and distract him so my husband can get some sleep.