Furminator on bengal

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My almost 3yr old bengal sheds alit. She is waiting for her spot allergy testresult as suspect food allergy. But she is shedding more than usual. Benhlgal fur feels like carpet as no under coat. Tried glove, alucker brush but shedding is still same. Can I try furminater for shirt hair?
Anyone tried before on bengal?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have a Bengal, so I don't know how that compares with plain old domestic short hairs. I use a Furminator on my two short haired cats (they shed quite a bit) and it gets a lot of fuzz out of their coats. Doesn't stop the shedding entirely, though.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried the furminator on my short hair cat.. He actually has a soft, silky coat..
I found the fulminator to cut his fur than brushing it out.. almost like a razor cut. Each time I used it, I noticed more and more fur flying around..

I now use an old round hairbrush of mine.. My guy could possibly be over grooming. He vomits a lot also, all tests negative.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My almost 3yr old bengal sheds alit. She is waiting for her spot allergy testresult as suspect food allergy. But she is shedding more than usual. Benhlgal fur feels like carpet as no under coat. Tried glove, alucker brush but shedding is still same. Can I try furminater for shirt hair?
Anyone tried before on bengal?
You can try it and see, maybe bengal people will chip in. I have them for long and shorthair. Syb and Wiz were good with them. For Sybil lh who hated brushing the f and a metal comb were the only ones she would let me use.

I tried it on Zena also lh and he was ok with it but his fur is recovering from trauma and I felt it took too much out so I am using a greyhound comb and slicker now for him. Merlin is ok with the f, Quinn sh pb siamese does not care for it but will allow it and gets over stimulated by grooming but he will tolerate the comb and a slicker briefly.

Merlin loves the comb and tolerates them all, he has very thick, fluffy, silky sh fur and he sheds the most.

Telstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to use the furminator on my Siberian, then I just use a metal comb with large spaces