Fur regrowth after surgery

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our baby Belle has recently been sterilized and obviously the vet shaved a patch on her tummy, the question is does anyone know how long we should expect to wait for the fur to grow back?

Belle is a Scottish Straight aged just over 6 months and we are living in Kiev, Ukraine where the temperature is pushing 30C if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

Paul

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you haven't gotten any answers to your question yet.  A lot of people wonder about hair regrowth but it does vary from cat to cat.  It's been a long time since I had a cat spayed but I seem to remember it was just a couple of months before the hair was all grown back.  She was a domestic short haired tabby though so if your girl has longer hair on her tummy, obviously it will take longer.  Hopefully someone who has more experience in this will come along and give you a better answer!  

reversedpolarit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Arc has had to have several bits shaved over the last two months - on his front right leg and his neck. His leg fur grew back in maybe three weeks (it's just had to be done AGAIN, after a week it's maybe a quarter the length of the rest of his leg). His neck (he's a fluffly DSH) took just over a month to grow back in. Of course it varies quite a bit from cat to cat, but I'd say within two months her belly should be looking just as it was pre-spay. 

I hope Belle is doing well. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
For my abyssinian it took about 4 months for the fur to grow back completely. It filled in fairly quickly, but you could still see the undercoat for a long time because it's so different from the rest of his fur.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been about 2 months since Onyx was spayed, and her fur is almost all the way grown back. It just looks slightly fuzzier than the rest of her fur right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much, the neat square the vet shaved is already looking fluffy and we are hoping that soon Belle will be herself again