Fur Clippers Safe For Cats?

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know any fur clippers that can be used on cats? Kaylee is kind of between a short hair and medium hair, and I need to shave her chest and chin to get to her dermatitis.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a really good set of Wahl clippers and metal combs. I had a $40 clipper once, and my dog had a terrible undercoat that I couldn't just zip through with the clippers. I upgraded to this unit I saw on closeout that was $150 down to $80 at Petsmart and I snatched them up. Went right through my dog's coat, and I used it even a few times on Tommy when his butt dandruff would flare up, as well as on a big floofy siamese mix and gave him a lion cut.
We still use them to cut our hair, too. I got the combs on eBay.
Keep them oiled, but they aren't noisy enough to scare any pet I've had and very easy to use. I'd go find out what they are precisely, but I got them over 5 years ago and I have this super cuddly tuxedo boy in my lap right now.

Hugospal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use an Andis 5 speed but I'm a pet groomer fulltime. A 2 speed would probably be good. Any midrange clipper actually if you're just shaving matted areas or patches and not the whole cat, just don't buy super cheap ones. They should all/most come with a 10 blade for shaving which is the safest blade to use, but keep in mind cats have really thin skin if they get nicked.