Funny story, reminder to lock cell phone before setting it down

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I received a call from my boss @ 330 am yesterday morning. My heart sank because I was thinking of a family emergency to anyone to call me at that time of day. I answered half asleep and he said you just called me.  I said no I didn't, I was sleeping.  He said check your cell. I looked and sure enough outgoing call to my boss. We hung up and I looked down to see my Dante looking at me. The last text I received before I went to bed was my boss.  I did not lock my phone so Dante must have walked on it and called him. Anyway it happened to be my bosses Birthday, so I texted him the next day that my cat just wanted to be the first person to wish him a Happy Birthday.  He laughed.  Good thing they take call and are used to be awakened at all hours of the night. Note to self lock cell before going to sleep!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL!  I'd rather get a call from Dante than what my friend used to do...  She was known for purse dialing me from clubs in the wee hours of the morning!  Sometimes I'd answer and hear her heels clicking while she walked out of places too.   

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My SIL used to butt-call me at work. I'd get nothing but the crunch-crunch-crunching of her eating potato chips or pretzels or popcorn, food like that. To be honest, it kind of scared me for a while because I had no idea what it was or who it was. I'd come into work in the morning, check my phone messages and there would be all crunching messages. It was really weird. We finally figured out that it was my SIL when she butt-called me on my cell one morning around 1:00 and she was eating chips.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@KittyWhiskers  My patients tease me that the only thing I could repeat in my sleep is a colonoscopy prep because I say it so many times a day! I am glad my bosses are all great guys!!! Then again it is the same boss that texted me a midnight to get one of my other bosses addresses. I guess I owed him one.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was once talking to my mom while feeding the horses and bachelors one nite...then stuck it in my pocket (front, so I DON'T butt dial).

I unloaded the horse feed & did other things...I went inside and heard my mother saying are you there lisa ? Hello ? ? ?

Scared the livin crap out of me !!! Apparently I must have belly dialed her when I was carrying those 50# bags of horse feed...[emoji]128552[/emoji]

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was once talking to my mom while feeding the horses and bachelors one nite...then stuck it in my pocket (front, so I DON'T butt dial).

I unloaded the horse feed & did other things...I went inside and heard my mother saying are you there lisa ? Hello ? ? ?

Scared the livin crap out of me !!! Apparently I must have belly dialed her when I was carrying those 50# bags of horse feed...[emoji]128552[/emoji]
 Never heard of belly-dialing!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
With one of my old cellphones, I joked that I had more pix of the inside of my handbag than of my family!  Drove me nuts!

Not a cellphone call, but a cat-related phone call: when I lived with Mom, I had a big button land line phone in my room. I would be woken up in the middle of the night, hearing a woman's voice--it was the operator's recording.  When I saw my cat intentionally press the "0" button, and listen intently to the woman's voice, I knew that my cat was far too smart for me...she must have accidentally done this once, and then learned how to do it intentionally!

Also, I had dial-up Internet there. One night, I logged in. A few minutes later, the police showed up, claiming they received a 911 call. Mom and I told them that nobody called 911. I think that somehow, when I stared the Internet, something went funny on the phone line--and I had my own number, and the 911 call originated from that number.

The same thing happened here a year or so ago, but we have cable Internet, but nobody had used the home phone that day.  DH had just gone to bed, I was bathing upstairs, when the police banged on the door. I panicked a bit, as I had forgotten my bathrobe, and I would have to walk on the upstairs landing naked! (If you stand outside the front door, it has a center window, which would enable you to see straight up to the landing).  It was a female officer, and she kept trying to make sure I wasn't being beaten up by DH!  I wonder what the neighbors thought? When we listened on the phone, there was a weird noise. We called Verizon the next day.When we have heavy rain. it messes up the phone lines, and calls 911!

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow @MargeCat  !! That is one smart cat!  

We had an incident once at work where 911 was called and no one had!  We had 4 office phones.  I believe it was raining that day too.  We had more trouble with the internet and things at that place.  
  I felt terrible about the police showing up though.  

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Wow @MargeCat  !! That is one smart cat!  

We had an incident once at work where 911 was called and no one had!  We had 4 office phones.  I believe it was raining that day too.  We had more trouble with the internet and things at that place.  
  I felt terrible about the police showing up though.  
She was a smart cat! I saw her do this several times!