Fundraising Ideas? (no Gofundme)

cute_sunny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello~as many people take care of feral/street cats, how do you manage your vet spendings? if you fundraise, can you share some of your experience/ideas on how to do it?
In my other threads I talk about my rescued cat..he needs MRI (about $700) gofundme not an option...hoping I can find another way. many people here are not willing to donate their money for a cat..maybe I can sell them something?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I guess it depends a lot on where you are and what you can do. My vet gives me a discount on any feral cats I bring in, but I've been a very regular customer for over ten years.

For a while I gave his kids English lessons at a cheaper rate than I usually charge. Most of the money I made from lessons went towards paying for the cats I TNR'd.

Do you make anything? Have any other skills that people might pay you for?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Turkey some volunteers have Instagram accounts exclusively to share what they are doing with the animals. They share the vet clinic's name, pictures of the bill, the cat's picture and all updates. They ask for donation to pay the bill. Those who want to help ask for the bank account number through direct message or they send the money to the vet clinic.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used Nextdoor.com to raise funds for other people, as well as local facebook groups. I am in a small, middle class town however.

Selling things is always a good option if you're able to do it!

I'd also call around for vet clinics who might be willing to work out a payment plan with you.

Is Carecredit an option for you?

I've also found that when you volunteer with shelters a lot, you make some valuable connections that help you out in various ways as a result.

Honestly... I personally participate in clinic trials several times a year for this purpose. Every penny I earn from that goes into an account for the animals and I am usually good for the year (although this one has been exceptionally trying, so I will probably do another one by the year's end).

It's not feasible or desirable for everyone for a myriad of reasons, but there's no way I could do what I'm doing without it. Things can add up quick with pets alone, let alone taking care of a colony or more.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I do sites like instagc, qmee, swagbucks and Quickthoughts and volkno. I work 16 hours a day on these sites 7 days a week and get Prepaid ViSA cards off Amazon if needed for that.