Full Moon Time For Labor

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alot of babies will be born on a full moon tonight. This is not a myth..hopefully Susie will have her babies tonight Sara. I dont think my Silver will yet..my babies need more time in the oven. Whats your exp with babies and full moons? :clap::vibes:

sarah2cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She always nests between midnight till about 1:30am. The vet said latest she will deliver is this Tuesday at very latest

sarah2cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Susie is growling at mo, she had enough! Yes soon as I get in I say " Susie, you ok?" hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww poor baby she is getting cranky..not that I blame her...did the vet tell you how many babies?

sarah2cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She said 5 or 6 but at that time she was only "5" weeks so she was bit UN sure

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I guess this with full moon is sooner a human thing.  As with humans, the exact day is no big deal, especially if it is too short is no big problem.  Sooner too long may be a problem.   with cats its the opposite.

Cats must have their full time in the oven, like you said.  Thay seems to manage a couple three of days too long OK, but they dont manage well a couple of days too short.

the other day a forumite remarked they tend to deliver in very bad weather, at least sheeps do. The reason is easy: the predators take the day off if the weather is really bad.  So the moms prefer the dangers from bad weather than from prowling predators.

Question is, if there is any truth in this with full moon, do predators avoid to hunt in full moon? Everybody afraid of the werewolf, perhaps??

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I do believe its more a humane thing...I know there is a way of knowing..my grandmother told me about it but cant remember. ..I had my twins on a full moon..I was only 8 months...

As far as animals I dont really know what their thing with storms is but when I was a little girl I had a German Shepherd and she had her babies right when a hurricane was hitting us. I will look it up and read more on it...maybe will shed more light on this.