Full moon crazies in full force already!

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my, both my cats, Tessa a 3 year old Tonkinese and Smudge, a 1 year old Siamese mix, are VERY affected by full moons. They started two days ago, it’s getting worse, and it will last at least two days after. I’m not looking for advice, just sharing my woe. 🤪 They are currently chasing each other at 100 mph and just generally running amok. It’s like the normal cat “crazies” times 500!! Ahhhh full moons.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I don’t believe that the moon has any mystical power, it is reasonable to assume that the light of the full moon presents better hunting opportunities for nocturnal predators.

It only stands to reason that cats would be more active during a full moon for that reason. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't recall any of our pets getting the crazies but when some of our students would act out of sorts at school we used to check if there was a full moon. :wink:

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Littlest cat, Heathen was a royal pain last night with the full moon 3:12 it was all about I love you Mom I just love you, she very rarely comes into our bed maybe 5 times in the 4 years she's been here but last night, into the bed nuzzle my face, paw my face, throw blankets over my head she found an opening - more kitty loving and major loud purrs (another thing she rarely does you usually have to be petting her to feel the purrs but last nigh Holy Smokes! Is that moon gone yet?

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We live in a tri level .... windows are at ground level. Bobbi was by the window and so was Linus...
20230901_213926.jpg

Suddenly something was pounding at the window! Scared the living crap out of ME !!!

I turned the lights off and it was a visiting black cat that was trying to get at Linus and Bobbi ! He did it a couple more times. My heart is still racing...😳 that's a full moon crazy kitty!