Frontline Didn't Work

kunoichi9280

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried Frontline on my 15 week old kitten a couple of weeks ago. It worked great for a week, and then it just stopped.
I'm doing all the other flea treatment things recommended, and it's having zero impact (of course, I have a sucky bagless vacuum that probably isn't doing great on the carpets). He's going in to get neutered Thursday and I'm going to talk to the vet about Revolution then, but I just wanted to know if any one else had been able to use it sooner then the full four weeks. And should I get him neutered while the fleas are still an issue?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't wait on neutering him. The vet can give Capstar while he is there to kill the adult fleas on him. Ask about Revolution and let them know exactly when you used the Frontline. Those medications work when used consecutively for at least 3 months to kill all life stages, otherwise the fleas still have to jump onto the cat to bite and then die. Which I am guessing is what you are finding. This means the fleas are in the environment and you need to treat the home as well. The yard too if the cat goes outside. If you have other pets, or dogs, they ALL need treated for multiple months.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spot-on treatments only kill the fleas when they land on the cat, not prevent them landing on the cat. The problem seems to be in the house. Take advantage of the cat being away for neutering and do some super cleaning. If possible get help (better if more than one person cleans the place so fleas won't have a safe place to jump on when you are cleaning one area.) Barrow a nice vacuum from someone.