Friskies still out of stock at petsmart

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been checking back online everyday for 2 weeks, and petsmart.com is STILL out of stock of friskies. Any idea when they will have more? Does anyone know how long it typically takes for them to stock up again?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Friskies is having issues keeping up with demand due to supply chain issues. I would check Chewy, Walmart, Tractor Supply, etc in addition to Petsmart and hope for the best!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pet Supplies Plus, PetCo, and/or Pet Supermarket are some more possible options.

But the stock issue also has to do with locations as well - I checked the PetSmart stores around me and there are Friskies items that are still available.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My theory: all the chaos of the last 2 years has resulted in more pet adoptions, lead to chain disruptions, and put people in a financial pinch. Cheap store brands have disappeared almost entirely, standards are being snagged even at a higher price point and by more people, and processing and distribution just can't keep up. This has been an issue in my area for a year. I was a month ahead for my 5 (now 4) rescues and now every month I get down to 4 cans and am searching for any I can get quickly and afford.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's also issues with aluminum being more expensive and in high demand, leading to a host of supply issues that sadly includes canned cat foods.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's also issues with aluminum being more expensive and in high demand, leading to a host of supply issues that sadly includes canned cat foods.
Absolutely. There are many factors to the chain disruptions, including supplies of aluminum, workers, meats etc.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wonder if recycling needs to be stepped up.
I heard there are not as many recycling facilities as items that can be recycled and lots of items that could be recycled end up in garbage dumps even shipped abroad.
Shipped to be ostensibly recycled but more often as rubbish in other countries..🙁
Maybe recycling facilities should be on the list if not of the new expensive green plan in the US.
We should not be running out of such a common metal as aluminum - If most is recycled as it should be.

SweetLittleKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if recycling needs to be stepped up.
I heard there are not as many recycling facilities as items that can be recycled and lots of items that could be recycled end up in garbage dumps even shipped abroad.
Shipped to be ostensibly recycled but more often as rubbish in other countries..🙁
Maybe recycling facilities should be on the list if not of the new expensive green plan in the US.
We should not be running out of such a common metal as aluminum - If most is recycled as it should be.
"I wonder if recycling needs to be stepped up." Very good point. My local recycling center closed down shortly after Covid. I do not drive, but would frequently walk there with a large cat to recycle. Now I cannot and I have about two years of aluminum cans built up. I am on a fixed income, and these aluminum cans would help me with minor things in a pinch- just $7.00-$10.00 I could use at the end of the month for minor stuff. Now I cannot. By law, in my State, there are supposed to be recycling centers within a certain mileage of local grocery stores, liquor stores, etc. but this law has not been enforced since Covid, meaning you have to spend a few dollars in gas money to drive farther, and this is not really fair when they are taking the money out at the counter and you have to spend it on gas to get your money back.