Friskies And Ff

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cheap food is not going well! I have been feeding it once or twice a day for about a week or so, and they have terrible gas.....and I see some loose poop in the litter box. I am returning all of it and we are going to do a half raw diet and half premium canned food that they're used to - raw food in the morning and canned at night. They will eat the Friskies, but I don't like what it's doing to their bodies....and I'm afraid their fur will lose its shine too! I know it works for some cats....but maybe not mine.
Gas is not good! I wonder if it's the rice in the Friskies. Or maybe the carrageenan? Those are the two ingredients I wouldn't be keen on feeding regularly but would feed if Friskies was the only food the cats would eat! (That's what the shelter sent our two home with and that was what they wanted in the beginning when they had respiratory infections.)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There seems to be some new information coming in on some cat food brands. I am in touch with one company but don’t know what the outcome will be. If I hear anything, I’ll be sure to post it. My cats have ALL had a sudden reaction to one food. I saw online that this company did recall food for another type of animal due to copper being found in the food. We just have to stay current on foods being produced. Good luck. I hope the raw diet helps. Please keep everyone posted.