Friend With ( Feral Or Stray Cat)

AH18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone ,
So i don't have a cat but I would like to , unfortunately my mom fears cats so I can't,
So around 3 or 4 months ago there is a cat ( stray or feral idk) she sits outside the house but in the building (I am living in a building 9 floors with several houses ) she comes to me at the first and meow to me usually , at the 1st I didn't like cats that much , now I love them really so much , So few times when going downstairs with my mom I used to tell the cat to go away buy ( hesh hesh ) sound and kicking my legs in the air in front of it (of course without hitting or touching it ) to go away, But still comes to me and and meow as usual . Once she came to me and meow with tails upright and shaking I think so
And here I started to search about cats and cats behaviour and start developing cat love
And after that I decided not to make her afraid again , while she keeps meowing when seeing me , and then once I saw her in a box and had given birth to new kittens , but keeps observing me and hiding sometimes hisses at me when I am close to her ( what I do she is near the elevator ) then I started to give her few food and she used to come out and eats them and days passing till now she now have that one small cute kitten they keep coming to me now and still I am giving them whatever I can get , I observed something that while I am standing waiting for elevator she keeps rubbing her heads and body one the walls in front of me , one day I decided to put my hands on it to rub it ( petting ) while eating but she jumped away few cms away but returned again to continue eating i left her then , she meows at me very closely whenever she sees me and her kitten at a very close distance from me without fearing and her kitten also ( which is so playful )
The cat plays with her kitten and clean herself in front of me

and always when I come out from my house she comes to me and follows me and keeps meowing and sits in front of my door always and meow when she sees me

Few days ago while standing, the cat starts rubbing her tails and body on my legs but not very much and go from behind my legs but light rubbing ( can't feel much pressure when she does ) and today she did it again and her small kitten today tried to climb me ()
But while rubbing me and standing very near my legs I tried to put my hands to pet her again she moved a little away and meow at me

So I want to know how does it feel for me and how should I deal with it and her kitten
And when and how can I put my hands on it (pet it ) I just want to be friend with them ,

(Sorry for long writings , punctuation and grammar mistake)

Thanks for all of you in advance

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AH18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I want to know how does it feel for me and how should I deal with it and her kitten
And when and how can I put my hands on it (pet it ) I just want to be friend with them ,

As I love cats so much and keep watching cats videos and feeling sad that I don't have one and want to play and pet them

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cat likes you but is still afraid to let you touch her. Put your hand down near your ankles but don't try to touch her. Wait, if she feels safe she will rub on your hand.

AH18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The cat likes you but is still afraid to let you touch her. Put your hand down near your ankles but don't try to touch her. Wait, if she feels safe she will rub on your hand.
Oh thank you so much
Seems a very good idea

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. She is probably not feral, but an abandoned or stray cat, who is leery with you because she has been away from humans and has had to take care of herself.

What do you plan on doing with her and the kittens? If you live somewhere that has no-kill shelters or rescue centers, can you call and ask about trapping services/options?

It would be best, since you can't keep the cats, to have them trapped and spayed/neutered and then adopted where they can have a better life than what will happen to them as strays. Also, the kittens need to around humans and be socialized in order for them NOT to turn into ferals.

AH18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. She is probably not feral, but an abandoned or stray cat, who is leery with you because she has been away from humans and has had to take care of herself.

What do you plan on doing with her and the kittens? If you live somewhere that has no-kill shelters or rescue centers, can you call and ask about trapping services/options?

It would be best, since you can't keep the cats, to have them trapped and spayed/neutered and then adopted where they can have a better life than what will happen to them as strays. Also, the kittens need to around humans and be socialized in order for them NOT to turn into ferals.
Hi, unfortunately Iwon't be able to keep the cats because my mom fears them and doesn't want this to happen and I just want to make friends with them , I would have taken them to the vet to check for any diseases or other and then I would have pet them in my house, but mom fears them and I can't.
About animal sevices in my area actually in the country itself it is rare and I doubt this will work especially that my area have lots of cats and dogs in streets which seems normal here and in other places and also u can say that animals life's here seems not that important to most of people .
But I will see if I can call someone for help. But currently I didn't see the cat for 2 days , I hope she didn't leave the building .

Thanks for the reply anyway