Friend got a "Bengal" and I am unconvinced....

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
If she doesn't have papers it is very unlikely it is a Bengal. Every tabby kitten I have had starts out with spots that join together and form stripes when they get older. Bengals don't have spots, they have rosettes that are a circle of darker color with lighter in the middle and often a smaller 'spot'. I just hope your friend didn't get scammed. If it is from a breeder I would insist on seeing papers on parents ar ANY cat in their program, and or registration with a cat breeders association. If they can't be shown turn them in to that countries breeders asscociation.
It could be a poorer quality coat, or not a show quality cat, so that could explain that, but it shouldn't be sold for much then, and most breeders spay/neuter them before they leave, or have the buyer sign a contract to do so. No matter what, it is a beautiful kitten, and if your friend is happy, you should be so too. i wish them many happy years!

This thread kinda of messes with my head because in photo two and three she looks a little Benglalish (is that a word?)

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, this kind of high average quality is what I would expect from a well-managed breeding program for cats, although of course you don't see many litters of 11 kittens :)
That would be an adorable handful!!