Freya The Healer

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share this story so you guys know what Freya did for me last night and how fortunate I really am to have her.

So as of late I’ve been struggling with really bad rls, I’m on medication for it but some nights it just doesn’t seem to work, last night was one of those nights. I was laying in bed trying to get comfortable and ignore the burning pain in my legs so I could sleep for more than 1-2 hours... Well, Freya came in and climbed onto the bed, it’s not unusual for her to come in and sleep with me some nights so I didn’t pay much attention to it, but then she laid down over both of my legs.

Usually she prefers sleeping beside me against the wall or against my stomach, never on my legs. I thought this was weird but laid back down and tried to go back to sleep, and... My legs didn’t hurt as much! The pain was still there but it was dulled so much that I finally managed to fall asleep and get 3-4 hours. I don’t know how she knew laying on my legs would help me, or maybe it was just a fluke of luck she decided to lay there, but once again I am so fortunate and happy to have this cat in my life.

Attachments

MoxieinMaine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a sweet story! After some similar stuff that I've experienced with my cats, I really do believe that they can sense when something isn't right with us. You are lucky to have Freya there for you! She's such a beautiful girl too!

Sending good thoughts to you and hoping that your rls improves quickly.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool that Freya was able to help. I have rls as well. Keith will try to lay on me but I kick so much that either he gives up or I move him for his own safety. I have been on prescription medication for it for a few years but it seems the medication has become less effective. I started taking Restful Legs (it's homeopathic) made by Hylands. It has literally changed my life! I fall asleep so much faster now! Not as fun as snuggling with a kitty, I will admit, but definitely worth trying.

fornana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Freya is such a pretty name.

You wonder if she could tell by your movements that your legs were bothering you. I know my cats have always picked up when I was sad. They would come right up and lay in my lap. My one cat Missy would meow really loud at me to try to console me.....Cats are very intuitive.

I'm happy she was able to give you comfort when you were in pain. She certainly deserves a good scratch and a treat too :lovecat:

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats know. That’s all there is to it. When I was growing up my cat Garfield would take care of me when I was sick. He wouldn’t leave my side until I got better. He would only get up to go to the bathroom and eat and then would be right back. In fact my mom often used Garfield to see if I was faking it to get out of school! Cats just know they have a sixth sense.