Fresh Step With Fabreze

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has developed scabs around neck from scratching, the only thing I can think of is Fresh Step Liter added Fabreeze. Has anyone else using this product noticed scabs since they added Fabreeze?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. We use it (among other litters) with no problems. Your cat may just be sensitive to something in the scent. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the scabs heal quickly. :hugs:

caitkeating

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently switched to a scented litter as well, and my cat has developed scabs along her back. I think it may just be that some cats have a sensitivity to scented litter! I hope your kitty feels better soon :(

Elena2915

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Febreeze can be irritating to some animals.
Try Arm and Hammer 7 Day (black box) it’s the best, swear by the stuff.

Next suggestion would be Scoop Away
It’s a bit dusty but it’s good for kitties sensitive to perfumes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, I ordered the ultra scent and dye free this time, also taking her to vet Tuesday!

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use the scent free and have found that there is absolutely no need for scent in that litter. I get the scent free at PetSmart, if you'd rather just buy it. No one else seems to have it.

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Vet clipped her nails and gave a shot of antibiotic/steroid. I have received new unscented no dyes litter from Chewy and will start using it. Let’s hope her neck clears up.

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Got a shot of Depo-Medrol with penicillin added and those dagger nails trimmed. He said it is usually allergy to food, surroundings or fleas. I have never seen a flea and all the animals get revolution 12 mos a year. So I changed litter and won’t give her the two foods I bought on sale which she normally does not have in rotation halo impulse quail and the wellness Natural chicken liver, the outside feral can have that!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well at least the ferals scored some fancy food! I hope her scabs heal up quickly. It does sound like the litter to me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I won't use anything with febreeze in it..no knowing what those chemicals will do to your pets lungs and skin. Asthma can be an issue if one uses perfumed items. I highly recommend non scented litter. If you scoop 2 times a day then you don't need scented litter. My girls both have asthma-we use the fresh step lite in the green bottle. no scents. I also like petcos plain scoop unscented litter as well.

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
After two days most of the scabs are gone, she let me pick them off, and dab with peroxide. I changed to scent free litter. I am sure the shot and nail trim helped!❤