Free Microchip Registry US

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my pets have different brands of microchips and my youngest have Home Again which requires an annual fee.
Is there a registry I can put them on free of charge?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Petlink doesn't charge, or rather I should say they didn't when we registered Poppycat.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From what I understand, Home Again’s microchip service is free. The annual fee is for extra things like supposed help if your pet gets lost, etc. The wording they use is very deceptive. Once your cats are microchipped and registered, they are in the database. You don’t have to continue to pay anything. My cats are all with Home Again because that is what the vet uses, and I never pay for the “membership”, they are still in the database, I’ve looked them up. I ignore the occasional email about the “membership”.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I was told the same thing as arr arr by my vet; never pay any more fees to Home Again. It is made to sound as if you need to continue a membership.

I just checked my deceased dog's microchip on the AAHA microchip registry and he is still listed as being microchipped by Home Again.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I understand, Home Again’s microchip service is free. The annual fee is for extra things like supposed help if your pet gets lost, etc. The wording they use is very deceptive. Once your cats are microchipped and registered, they are in the database. You don’t have to continue to pay anything. My cats are all with Home Again because that is what the vet uses, and I never pay for the “membership”, they are still in the database, I’ve looked them up. I ignore the occasional email about the “membership”.
I've gotten email, snail mail with a bill so I when I have a moment I definitely read those carefully Thank you.