Freddie update

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gosh, I don't know either, thanx for writing back so soon, I am so grateful. If you don't mind, I'll ask our moderator-person, perhaps she knows. I know she's been very kind to me while my heart is breaking and although milk tends to create some diarhhea, I don't know how to get him to drink more water.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Getting cats to drink more can be tricky.
You can give a cat pedialite, but they usually don't like the taste of it. You can offer them some milk made specially for cats,or you can give them some Lactaid from the grocery store. It's lactose free, which is usually what gives them an upset stomach.
The 2 easiest ways to get them get more water is feeding some wet food, the water content is high, and most cats like running water and fountains work REALLY well

G

ghostuser

My old dear cat Toby loved running water...any drip, drizzel, pouring faucet would do...hope it helps, and good luck with your little guy

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, my heart goes out to you!! I know what it is like to have a sick pet, as I have had a multitude of pets over the years! As far as getting more fluids into your kitty, you might add some water or a bit of broth to any food that you think he might eat! My kitty, when she is sick, will eat chicken broth, sometimes. So, maybe that would work for your kitty. If your kitty likes milk, still, then the Lactaide Milk idea from poster, Sandie, may well be your answer for now!