Fred Fred My Little Wilfred

Troixb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5 1/2 years ago my ex and I were getting ready to go away for Memorial Day weekend. I went out back to make sure things were put away on the deck when I heard tiny little meows. A feral cat had had her littler under the first step under my deck. We caught the mom and brought her and her newborns into the garage. My neighbor fed her while we were away.

5 boys all tuxedos accept 1 ~ a little cow cat. White with funky roundish black markings. We decided to keep that one and name him Winston.

Had the mom spayed and released her. She still comes to my yard and I make her a cat house for the winter every year under my deck. All the boys were neutered and we found homes for the remaining 4.

The day my friends were on their way to pick up the last tuxedo, I couldn’t do it. I called my friends and said, “No. This little cat is too attached to me. I can’t let him go.”

I named him Fred or rather “Wilfred” to go along with his brother’s “W” theme. He was my baby. My little precious little baby baby Fred.

Fred and Winston grew up to be huge huge 20 lbs cats. Not fat just BIG. Playful fun affectionate friendly and smart. Although Fred was definitely the smarter one.

He’d sit in the sink and meow for me to turn on the faucet so he could fight with the stream of water. He’d go under the coffee table to open the drawer where his treats were and then sit in it asking for some.

If I was working on my car he’d be over my shoulder or lauded out in the backseat.

Every day I’d come home he’d be at the door to greet me. I’d pick him up and he’d go nuts making muffins and kicking my face with his rough dry little tongue not stopping until I’d put him down.

We’d cuddle in bed and and he’d clean me some more. Me kissing his little nose and face more and more.

I’d yell out his name just to smile and hear him “MEOW” back to me from anywhere he was in earshot lol.

Yesterday was the same as any other day. I came home he was right there on the other side of the door and greeted me with a big loud “MEOW”. I picked him up he licked and kicked and cleaned me. I kissed him kissed him then put him down. Gave him and Winston treats then made it over to the couch to lay down.

Winston hops up on the couch with me and Fred claimed his ottoman. After looking over at me coo’ing then squinting his eyes he hops off. Like a minute or 2 later we hear a THUD.

Winston’s ears perked up and he went to go look. I got up and took a look down the stairs. I didn’t see anything. I called Fred’s name and heard back nothing. Went into the bathroom where his water fountain is (so he could play with the water to his hearts content and make whatever messes on the floor in there).

There he was laying on his side. I quickly fell to my knees and touched him calling his name. He let out his last breathe tongue out and curled. No foaming no blood no nothing. Just gone.

Frantically I rushed him to the vet but I knew he was gone.

Cardiomyopathy. This was just yesterday. I am devestated. My heart breaks for my little baby Fred.

Winston is missing him too and I’m trying to play with him as much as I can. And soil him with a litttle tuna at a time and treats.

But, I am just in so much pain. I am grateful that I was home, though. I know it was quick and he did not suffer. But, I want him back.....

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The relation between a cat guardian and a supervised cat is something that lasts for ever, no matter how long any of them may survive the other. So, in this sense, you and your little Fred will be together for ever.

Milk drops to remember and take care! Winston needs you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Troixb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The relation between a cat guardian and a supervised cat is something that lasts for ever, no matter how long any of them may survive the other. So, in this sense, you and your little Fred will be together for ever.

Milk drops to remember and take care! Winston needs you.
Thank you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful little soul..... When they have to go it leaves a hole in our hearts that can never be filled again. It is almost more pain than we can bear at times, it is like they took a very part of our soul. Which in a way they did, they took the part of our lives that made our lives complete, the happiness and contentment gone with them, tears and unending sorrow left firmly place. For a while this is as it should be, we should grieve for the loss of such an innocent, loving little soul. We need to grieve for the loss to our lives and to our world, because we miss them dearly and don't accept we will not have their furry little presence in our homes anymore.
In time, the wounds begin to heal. Our precious memories of happier times push out the sad because we realize that is what they want for us, not to remember them with sadness, but to remember them with joy and fondness. Remembering those meows in response to your calling, that rough little tongue as he cleaned you with love, his watching from a perch by your side. These memories are more precious than any treasure, and will bring you comfort in the years ahead. This is the legacy he left for you, formed with little paws making muffins. He wants for you to go on into the future and find happiness once more. Just as he loved the sunshine, he wants for you to bask in it's warmth and remember.....to live in happiness and sunshine just as you would want for him if you were the first to go.
The bond that ties your souls together is made of love, it is forged of memories and time spent together, it is eternal and can never be taken from you. You shared your life journey for a little while, and even though separate paths are now followed, he will always be near, always following your future path until the day it crosses once more. He may be gone from your presence, but he will never be gone from your life.
My heart goes out to you, I know the pain you are having. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, please know we care and will share the burden of grief. Take care of those two remaining little ones, give them a kiss from me.......RIP precious Wilfred, may your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, where you will be welcomed and sheltered in the arms of the angels who will watch over and protect you forevermore. You will eternally have a place in loving hearts, please send whatever comfort you can to those who miss you so dearly. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your little friend, I am fond of tuxedos as you can see in the picture to the left; it sounds like he had a wonderful life thanks to you, and he went so peacefully and in the home that he loved to live in, I only wish the ending could be so peaceful for us all. He is fine now, not hurting or in pain, just fine in all ways, just waiting patiently until the time comes when he will kiss your face again.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences to Winston and you on losing Fred-Wilfred. Your words are a beautiful, loving tribute to a very special cat. In personality as well as in size, Wilfred sounded to be part Maine Coon! If you look at Facebook's "Maine Coon Lovers" page, you will recognize many of Wilfred's behaviors. Poor Winston, he is going to need you more than ever; losing a larger-than-life cat like Wilfred has a resonating impact that reaches to the remotest corner of the family home. Thank you for rescuing that mama kitty and her kittens - you gave their life's story a good ending. Please know that we here at TCS care and understand. We are here for you, both in the forums and via Private Message. :rbheart: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful and heartfelt tribute to your Fred.
He did wait for you, he wanted to greet, lick and kick you one more time before saying goodbye, this is devotion and love, the same devotion and love he received.
RIP wonderful Fred, you have left a deep footprint in your guardian's heart.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just now learning about your loss of dear Fred, Troixb Troixb . I am so sorry for you and Winston. I just want to let you know that we are here and I am praying that some comfort will come to you.

Catlover0507

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5 1/2 years ago my ex and I were getting ready to go away for Memorial Day weekend. I went out back to make sure things were put away on the deck when I heard tiny little meows. A feral cat had had her littler under the first step under my deck. We caught the mom and brought her and her newborns into the garage. My neighbor fed her while we were away.

5 boys all tuxedos accept 1 ~ a little cow cat. White with funky roundish black markings. We decided to keep that one and name him Winston.

Had the mom spayed and released her. She still comes to my yard and I make her a cat house for the winter every year under my deck. All the boys were neutered and we found homes for the remaining 4.

The day my friends were on their way to pick up the last tuxedo, I couldn’t do it. I called my friends and said, “No. This little cat is too attached to me. I can’t let him go.”

I named him Fred or rather “Wilfred” to go along with his brother’s “W” theme. He was my baby. My little precious little baby baby Fred.

Fred and Winston grew up to be huge huge 20 lbs cats. Not fat just BIG. Playful fun affectionate friendly and smart. Although Fred was definitely the smarter one.

He’d sit in the sink and meow for me to turn on the faucet so he could fight with the stream of water. He’d go under the coffee table to open the drawer where his treats were and then sit in it asking for some.

If I was working on my car he’d be over my shoulder or lauded out in the backseat.

Every day I’d come home he’d be at the door to greet me. I’d pick him up and he’d go nuts making muffins and kicking my face with his rough dry little tongue not stopping until I’d put him down.

We’d cuddle in bed and and he’d clean me some more. Me kissing his little nose and face more and more.

I’d yell out his name just to smile and hear him “MEOW” back to me from anywhere he was in earshot lol.

Yesterday was the same as any other day. I came home he was right there on the other side of the door and greeted me with a big loud “MEOW”. I picked him up he licked and kicked and cleaned me. I kissed him kissed him then put him down. Gave him and Winston treats then made it over to the couch to lay down.

Winston hops up on the couch with me and Fred claimed his ottoman. After looking over at me coo’ing then squinting his eyes he hops off. Like a minute or 2 later we hear a THUD.

Winston’s ears perked up and he went to go look. I got up and took a look down the stairs. I didn’t see anything. I called Fred’s name and heard back nothing. Went into the bathroom where his water fountain is (so he could play with the water to his hearts content and make whatever messes on the floor in there).

There he was laying on his side. I quickly fell to my knees and touched him calling his name. He let out his last breathe tongue out and curled. No foaming no blood no nothing. Just gone.

Cardiomyopathy. This was just yesterday. I am devestated. My heart breaks for my little baby Fred.

Winston is missing him too and I’m trying to play with him as much as I can. And soil him with a litttle tuna at a time and treats.

But, I am just in so much pain. I am grateful that I was home, though. I know it was quick and he did not suffer. But, I want him back.....

Catlover0507

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. My kitty died last night. I feel your pain, my heart is broken as well. My deepest condolences.