Freckles

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Freckles went to the Bridge this afternoon. I've been up since 3am, because he was insistent on sitting in the tub with the water running. He went peacefully and will be missed. I asked him to send me another kitty my way when the time is right.

I truly believe he was sent to me and it was no accident. His former owner seemed very cold when I called her to tell her he was terminally ill. I can't imagine the suffering he would have had to go through before leaving this world if he wasn't with me.

I'll miss the little kitty who liked to lay on me, who watched baseball with me (Manny Ramirez was his favorite player - he and Bob would pay attention when Manny was at the plate) and who always greeted me at the door when I came home. God bless you Freckles! I will see you again someday.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart!

You did the best you could for him, and I'm certain that he very much enjoyed watching the water run down the tub drain all night. Freckles is in a better place, where he can never feel ill again, and I know that even now he is keeping an eye out for a little furfriend for you who needs the love only you can give.

RIP dear Freckles!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your loss. Sounds like Freckles was a very special boy who found a very loving home.

Rest in peace, Freckles. You will be greatly missed.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many tearful headbuts and sobbing licks from KittenKiya's Clan. Our babies are all loved beyond all measure, and missed beyond all belief.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Maureen, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Next time Manny hits a homerun, I'll be thinking of Freckles.

Play happily over the Bridge, Freckles. Don't forget to keep an eye on your family down here as they mourn the end of your time with them. Let them know you will see them again.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
condolences on your loss of Freckles. How special to sit up with him, letting him watch the water running in the tub; you gave him a last special gift that helped him while away the hours till his time here on earth was finished. he crossed the Bridge knowing that he was a special, cherished kitty. Godspeed, Freckles; throw us a pitch or two from Heaven - and we'll see a falling star.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart and thoughts go out to you at this difficult time

Freckles will surely know the right kitty to guide to you when the time is right and he will forever be in your heart, watching over you until you meet again

RIP Sweet Freckles

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am sorry to hear about your loss of your dear kitty Freckles

RIP little one, run over the bridge, your new fur-family is waiting for you

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP sweet Freckles, at least he got to see his team win the World Series! Many condolences to you during this difficult time

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maureen...may God bless you and precious Freckles.

Play at the Bridge sweet darling until you are with your Mommy again and when the time is right,
be sure to send her a sweet kitty for her to care for.
RIP Freckles.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rest in peace poor Freckles.
He had a good life with you, he knew love and attention, and you did your best for him. That's all anyone could ever ask for.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about Freckles. At least he died loved. Poor guy....play happily over the Rainbow Bridge Freckles!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Freckles
Sending comfort and healing vibes to you.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you at this terribly difficult time. Freckles was such a beautiful boy. The two of you shared a very special bond and that will follow you through until you both are reunited again. Rest in peace precious Freckles at the beautiful rainbow bridge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the thoughts. It really hits home when Bob goes looking for him, and I realize I'll never see that little orange head jump up on the bed and check on me. I still haven't taken his carrier out of my car, but I'll probably do that tonight or tomorrow.