Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Freaked Out

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by cecilias, Apr 19, 2019.

1. cecilias

cecilias Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Apr 19, 2019
    This was right out side of one of my cats litter boxes...what in god's name is it? Something that came out during bowel movement? Perhaps the remainder of something my cat caught and ate? I am so grossed out and not sure if I should be concerned. My cat seems fine. Not acting like he doesn't feel good. It being right outside of the litter box worries me though. As anyone every seen anything come out of a cat that resembles this?

Attached Files:

2. FeebysOwner

FeebysOwner TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Omg! I have no idea what that might be! I would highly suggest taking it to your vet's office and ask about it - it shouldn't require an appointment. Maybe they would have an idea and if necessary ask to see your cat.

3. stephanietx

stephanietx TCS Member Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Texas
    That's nasty looking. I'd definitely put it in a bag and take it to the vet.

FeebysOwner purraised this.

4. maggie101

maggie101 3 cats Top Cat

Apr 20, 2014
    Houston,TX
    Yuck! Maybe ate something? Totally agree. Put it in a bag. If you can't do it today, put it in the fridge or hide it good

5. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    Did he eat a mouse?
    Would definitely show the vet.

6. di and bob

di and bob TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 12, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    It looks just like what my cat leaves behind when they eat a mouse. They eat everything but the gallbladder. It looks like the insides of a mouse, but shouldn't be there if it went through the cat. I would take it in a baggie to the vet.

7. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    That's what I was thinking. The guts of a mouse, not eaten and just left there.

8. FeebysOwner

FeebysOwner TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    I want to know - and, really don't want to know (:eek2:) - did you ever figure out what THAT was???? How is your cat doing, as well?

Leomc123 purraised this.