Fox Poop

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As strange as it sounds to actually pay money for this, you can buy coyote urine to deter fox.
Yeah! You're right. Coyotes and foxes are enemies. Aren't they?

I remember the Environmental Educators at the local nature center saying that coyotes will either run foxes out of their territory or kill them, outright. So, if you see foxes or coyotes in an area, it's a safe bet that there won't be any of the other.

Using coyote urine that you buy from the hunting and outdoors store would probably work. :)
(Hunters often use natural scents like urine as cover scents to prevent animals from detecting their presence by sense of smell.)

Either that or figure out some way to encourage more coyotes to hang around. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
After diligently hosing down fox poop in zany places, my Fox has chosen to make new statement: pooping not quite on, but exactly next to the hose nozzle. Good thing I have 2 hoses!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah! He's tipped his hand!

He thought he was trying to dominate your yard as his territory by leaving threatening messages near things he sees as a threat but, in reality, he's told us what he's afraid of!

If he leaves a deposit next to the thing that sprays water, he's trying say that this is his territory and everybody else should stay away. He sees the water sprinkler as a threat to his territory so he's trying to lay down the law.

If you know he doesn't like water... What about putting out a lawn sprinkler. Connect it to a timer so that it turns on and off at random times throughout the night.

That ought to keep that furry little bas**** out of your yard! Don't ya' think?! :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Or, perhaps he was including me, by leaving these little decorations, and felt hurt by me removing them after all his efforts. …I honestly don’t really mind…it’s a very lovely animal & probably keeps down the mouse population.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Foxes are beautiful animals. It's only been the past 5 years that I've seen foxes in my yard.
There was a den located a few miles from my house a few years ago. It was always such a rare treat to drive by and see the 2 cubs out playing while Mama watched over them. But as they grew, I never saw them anymore. They are very secretive.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen foxes in our neighborhood ever since we moved here. They never bothered us even when I was walking the dog and they can run pretty darn fast too. I'm more worried about the coyotes I see sometimes. We used to see an occasional deer but not recently.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
After diligently hosing down fox poop in zany places, my Fox has chosen to make new statement: pooping not quite on, but exactly next to the hose nozzle. Good thing I have 2 hoses!
i've noticed that foxes love to leave a poop mark to show who owns this hunting (mousing) area, I am going to try one of those trail cameras...

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
At least foxes do it on the ground and don't leave scat on the roof. I had raccoon scat on the roof last year. Found out it was that because the wyze cam on the front door picked it up climbing the post on the porch. Oringinaly instaled it for porch pirates and security.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never see it around my house, though we live off the beaten trail and have all sorts of wildlife around. When I was little, my cousin and I found a pile of rabbit poop at my grandparent's house. We honestly thought we found treasure! You should have heard my mom when we carried it inside to show her our riches! Yeah, if you're wondering how she reacted, it was pretty much what you are probably thinking. :rolleyes2:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I never see it around my house, though we live off the beaten trail and have all sorts of wildlife around. When I was little, my cousin and I found a pile of rabbit poop at my grandparent's house. We honestly thought we found treasure! You should have heard my mom when we carried it inside to show her our riches! Yeah, if you're wondering how she reacted, it was pretty much what you are probably thinking. :rolleyes2:
The mental picture is hysterical! 😂