Fourth Of July Picnic

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I really wanted to do a pork butt on the grill tomorrow, but rain and t-storms are forecast and I'm not taking any chances. Rick suggested he do his hamburgers, so that's on our menu, along with a few brats. I'm also doing crock pot beans and potato salad. As well as some coleslaw. Oh, and a few red beet pickled eggs. I did the pickled eggs last night and I'll throw some potato salad together tonight.....I always like to make potato salad the night before, so the flavors can mingle a bit in the fridge overnight. Rick is hitting the cheese maker out the road today for an assortment of cheeses.

Dessert will be a hot milk sponge cake, which is a big favorite with my BIL. He just loves hot milk sponge cake with chocolate frosting. Since Mom passed, the only time he gets to have it is when I make it for him. I try to make one once or twice a year.

It's just Rick and me and my BIL. My sister is in Phila, taking care of my nephew while his parents are on a cruise around Italy for their tenth wedding anniversary. He sleeps better in his own bed, so she's staying there. My BIL is staying at home to take care of the furkids. And I hated to see him home alone over the holiday. He can take some leftovers home, too.

Later in the evening, we'll go over to my BIL and sit on the front porch with him to watch the fireworks. And drink Granny Z's Hard Tea.

What are you doing for tomorrow's holiday? A picnic? Family dinner? Just hanging around.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hanging out, sort of a stay-cation...

An absolutely to-die-for scrumptiously good rib racks grilling method/recipe, homemade Cole slaw, maybe corn in the cob, definitely homemade rhubarb pie, and ice cream, and Coors beer :) LOL remember back when Coors wasn't available outside Colorado?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re probably bbqing Friday since I work tomorrow night for a special event. :) I won’t be hungry as I work on a food truck and they feed me. We’re having hamburgers, hot dogs and homemade shrimp macaroni salad my mom is making Friday. :)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay Cation....hamburgers /with steak sauce...umm..salad....and. ....out shine fruit ice bars...Im a happy.....Camper..Well not literally Going Camping...lol...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling rough this morning with the humidity, difficult to get pain levels lowered so I may not be going to Nicole's. I have dip and bagel chips, antipasto left over from last night, fruit salad, etc. They will bring food down if I can't go. I'm craving pot roast after reading the dinner thread, and kats margaritas.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm liking this - I have all my cooking/baking done, which this time wasn't a lot, but I get to sit back and R&R today :yess: :thumbsup: