Fourteen-week-old, female kitten. Short-ish hair, white, with some spots, colored tail and face! (Cu

toriandmojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello, TCS! First time poster, just joined the group and happy to be here!

I got this adorable bundle of love almost two weeks ago! She will be 14 weeks old tomorrow! (And is female, obviously.)

Please help me identify her type! I believe I met her parents, too. They were long and slender. Please let me know if additional photos are needed, because I have some.

Thanks everyone! :)

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a precious baby you have. She is so very cute. Welcome to this terrific site, you will love it. I think she is a short haired domestic with some Calico in her. If you post more pics someone here will be able to tell you more.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That pattern of color and white is called for Harlequin.  If somebody calls it for Van pattern that is OK too.  (typical Van hasnt these spots on the body).  And yes, its a calico too, of sorts.

The pattern got renown after Turkish Van cats, but the pattern as such isnt that unusual, its fairly strong pattern too.  You can sometimes see a whole litter having this pattern, although the cats NOT purebred.

Very sweet cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toriandmojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@StefanZ  -- thank you! Great information. After taking your info, I read that Turkish Vans have to be 20% white. Beyond her head and tail, she pretty much just has those two small spots on her back. I guess she would probably be a Turkish Van, then. Thanks for the info! :D

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

@StefanZ  -- thank you! Great information. After taking your info, I read that Turkish Vans have to be 20% white. Beyond her head and tail, she pretty much just has those two small spots on her back. I guess she would probably be a Turkish Van, then. Thanks for the info! :D
To be precise, this is a typo.  Its probably meant as vice versa, 20% colored, 80% white.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a fun fact...a spot on the back or between the shoulders of a Van marked cat is called "The Fingerprint of God," and is considered to confer good luck on the owner!