Four day old kitten with diarrhea HELP

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Ollie is sooo sweet...that face is adorable! I love the one looking up at hy you. She seems to be saying: "hi Ma, is it time to eat yet?"

I think Ollie is a great name. She is probably getting used to being called Oliver so Ollie is a good transition.

I did not realize you had another kitty, Love the name Sir Paul Meowcartney! so original! How old is he? Do you thnk he  will take to Ollie? Maybe a slow introduction in a couple weeks when she is feeling better and stronger. 

Yes, I think Ollie is the right choice. 

Ollie is going to be one spoiled little girl.....I think she will end up being your shadow.

thanks for the pictures....

and the progress notes...

I feel as if I am one of her 'mom's also.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you look at the picture of paul he is looking down at Ollie in her nest.
Paul really hates cats. He is 2 and a complete and total mommas boy. He follows mommy everywhere (even in the car to go get coffee together).
HOWEVER, he has never exhibited aggression to the kitty. He hasn't been with Ollie since she got I'll (I quarantined her). But today he got in her room and I found him sleeping about 2 feet away from her. When he goes to sniff her I give him lots of love and pets and treats. In fact Ollie is asleep on the couch with me on my left and paul is sleeping on my right ignoring her.
I hope when she gets bigger paul will be able to discipline her and teach her how to be as great a cat as he is.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
If you look at the picture of paul he is looking down at Ollie in her nest.
Paul really hates cats. He is 2 and a complete and total mommas boy. He follows mommy everywhere (even in the car to go get coffee together).
HOWEVER, he has never exhibited aggression to the kitty. He hasn't been with Ollie since she got I'll (I quarantined her). But today he got in her room and I found him sleeping about 2 feet away from her. When he goes to sniff her I give him lots of love and pets and treats. In fact Ollie is asleep on the couch with me on my left and paul is sleeping on my right ignoring her.
I hope when she gets bigger paul will be able to discipline her and teach her how to be as great a cat as he is.
Love hearing this!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
She loves the outdoors. It's probably nice to have fresh air. She isn't exploring but she is happy sitting in her blanket and purring away
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

can she be any cuter?

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's such a beautiful little girl. Looks so happy to be with her momma. With the bottle-fed kittens, they bond very strongly to their parents. My little one will stay with me and get upset if I leave him behind. He also like to give me kisses and talk to me, he makes meow,mew, noises and for a while we have a good talk, him meowing and mewing, and my talking back. I've had many kitties but not so strongly a bond with them, as with him, its something extra special.

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I first got Paul the cat he was pretty small and sickly. He was infested with fleas and thin. And even though he wasn't bottle fed by me he is a very clingy cat too. He goes everywhere with mommy! He even jumps into my arms if he needs a hug.
I hope this kitty and he will get along.
Ollie had wet food for the first time. I put it on a plate and warmed it up. This is what she did....

She laid in it and sucks on a piece of meat. It was soooooooooooo cute!!!! She lost interest quickly and just laid in it and cried. She was very messy

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute.  the beginning of an adventure.

The wet food should be pate. They can choke on the chunks at this age.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darling! Yep, messy stage for sure!  

Definitely pate rather than chunks.

Pates are usually called classics if fancy feast. Friskies will say pate.

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got it. I thought I may need to switch but paul really enjoys them so I gave the rest to him.

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do I make "mush"? I keep reading about it on other forums and she is ready to start eating on her own.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just add your KMR to the canned food and mush well to desired consistency :)

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ollie has had so many problems happen and all in succession. Now it's been a couple days of blissful peace and healthy progression and im waiting for the other shoe to drop! I like reading the other threads in pregnant cats and kittens and I saw one where someone has a couple kittens with swimmer kitten syndrome. Automatically I was like "oh no! Ollie could have that? What if I didn't notice and now she will never be normal and happy? What do I do??!!" I read a couple articles and convinced myself that she had it and I was the worst kitty mom. I ran in to check on her sleeping.
Guess what? She is perfectly fine! She is perfectly perfect! Lol. Im just so ready to help her I forgot to just enjoy her and take a breath. :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just read this thread from beginning end. What a terrible time you've had with ollie. I'm so glad he's out of the woods now. You really are the tops. Hugs to you, ollie and your supportive husband.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am very happy to hear how well Ollie is doing. You both deserve it :).

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay! So I have two questions today...
1. I think she has started to clean herself. She kind of lucks her Paes and bites them. Is she actually cleaning? Or is it that she is teething and her mouth hurts so she is chewing whatever she can get her mouth on? If I put my hand close she chews that too. Should I stop her from doing it?
2. I am 99.9% positive that her right ear is smaller than her left... is that bad? Its the ear that had the weird fluid build up (which came back but the vet said it will fix itself over time). Is it normal for ears to develop at different rates? Will she grow up and have an Itty bitty baby ear?? She can hear out of it. I whispered in it and she shook her head and ran away, lol.
These are my questions and comments of the day! Thank you for all your help and kind words :)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am not expert, cannot answer your questions but: if she can hear out of her ear, let it go and do not worry about it!! Tiny Ollie has been through so much, and you too. The ear is something minor compared with all the issues you both have overcome. 

The ear could just be a birth defect. Like a child with one ear smaller than the other. 

Plus you are keeping Ollie, as a house cat. She will be so familiar with her environment and people, it will not matter.

The phrase," don't go looking for trouble" comes into mind... I do not know why---I never do that.. 

I guess I am turning into an old lady..

Please give Ollie a huge hug and kiss from me............and a gigantic hug to you for what you have done...

You go Little Ollie!!!! Prove 'em wrong......

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! It makes me feel better hearing that from you! We are again lounging outside, Ollie, Paul, husband and I on our blanket. :) it's a good day