found this kitten outside and im curious as to what fur pattern/breed it might be

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the absence of pedigree papers, this cat would be considered a domestic longhair (DLH), and indeed his/her appearance isn't really characteristic of any longhaired pedigree breed. Just a very fine, healthily built cat with gorgeous dark tabby fur. 🙂

I'm curious as to the background of this cat. Are they just a cat you met outside, or do you think they might be a stray? What was there behaviour like? Were they friendly towards you? Did they seem worried or just like they were exploring?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the absence of pedigree papers, this cat would be considered a domestic longhair (DLH), and indeed his/her appearance isn't really characteristic of any longhaired pedigree breed. Just a very fine, healthily built cat with gorgeous dark tabby fur. 🙂

I'm curious as to the background of this cat. Are they just a cat you met outside, or do you think they might be a stray? What was there behaviour like? Were they friendly towards you? Did they seem worried or just like they were exploring?
I have the cat in my garage now as it is very friendly but seemingly has no owner, posted about it and asked around but nobody has claimed it. I will be trying to get it into the vet soon and see if it has a microchip and just get its overall health checked. if all goes well i might adopt it, its a very sweet and lovely cat.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great. Well done for doing the responsible thing. If you do consider adopting it, just make sure that you have the time and money to take on the responsibility of owning a pet. There are plenty of useful articles on this site if you're a first time cat owner, and of course the forum is always here to help if you have a question.

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great. Well done for doing the responsible thing. If you do consider adopting it, just make sure that you have the time and money to take on the responsibility of owning a pet. There are plenty of useful articles on this site if you're a first time cat owner, and of course the forum is always here to help if you have a question.
update: making biscuits in my lap now :)
IMG_1693.jpeg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. That's all I can say about pattern/breed: gorgeous. Don't forget to contact Animal Control to see if anyone has reported her missing. At six months, cats can wander off. I found the owner of a stray cat that way, and she was very happy to get her cat back. It broke my heart to give her up, That's why I got Mingo.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. That's all I can say about pattern/breed: gorgeous. Don't forget to contact Animal Control to see if anyone has reported her missing. At six months, cats can wander off. I found the owner of a stray cat that way, and she was very happy to get her cat back. It broke my heart to give her up, That's why I got Mingo.

right thing wrong thing.. dunno if ppl are letting their kittens out if they get snagged by people who won't let them out... I can't say my moral compass knows where to go :p

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the concern but i really doubt shes missing. Theres actually a bit of a cat colony near my house and i assume she came from there. We checked and asked in person and on social media but nobody had claimed her, we also got her checked for a microchip and she has none. She also seems to me learning the sound of kibble and cans for the first time, she initially had no response to it but she is very crazy for food, most i’ve ever had a cat beg for food. She’s also very scared of the dogs and actually scratched me up real good when she first saw them, shes slowly getting acclimated now. Not to mention her general confusion and curiosity about household items, tv and screens are very interesting to her, and dont get her started on mirrors. Yes she is very sweet but everything else about her points to her being stray. I’m excited to see her journey develop :)
IMG_1776.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the concern but i really doubt shes missing. Theres actually a bit of a cat colony near my house and i assume she came from there. We checked and asked in person and on social media but nobody had claimed her, we also got her checked for a microchip and she has none. She also seems to me learning the sound of kibble and cans for the first time, she initially had no response to it but she is very crazy for food, most i’ve ever had a cat beg for food. She’s also very scared of the dogs and actually scratched me up real good when she first saw them, shes slowly getting acclimated now. Not to mention her general confusion and curiosity about household items, tv and screens are very interesting to her, and dont get her started on mirrors. Yes she is very sweet but everything else about her points to her being stray. I’m excited to see her journey develop :)View attachment 462581
My goodness she's pretty!
Sounds to me like my Max when I took him in- he was about the same age as your little girl,sweet as could be but obviously he had never been indoors- the mirrors always crack me up- I recently took in an adult feral who is so scared of his (& my other cats) reflections that I actually covered most of my fully mirrored walls with gift wrapping paper!!!!

Anyway :welcomesign: to TCS ,it's wonderful that you've taken her in ,she's just beautiful and sounds like she's in her forever home - I'm thrilled! Did you name her yet?

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My goodness she's pretty!
Sounds to me like my Max when I took him in- he was about the same age as your little girl,sweet as could be but obviously he had never been indoors- the mirrors always crack me up- I recently took in an adult feral who is so scared of his (& my other cats) reflections that I actually covered most of my fully mirrored walls with gift wrapping paper!!!!

Anyway :welcomesign: to TCS ,it's wonderful that you've taken her in ,she's just beautiful and sounds like she's in her forever home - I'm thrilled! Did you name her yet?
Aw poor little guy. And yes we named her honey because shes just so sweet :)
IMG_1774.jpeg