Found some bird eggs. Now what?

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went over to my friend’s mom to fix her dryer and found these in the vent. I dont know if it got too hot and the momma bird abandoned them so i took these home or my friend’s mom was gonna throw them out. Can they be saved? What’s my next steps guys? Thanks

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Luckily i have a electric coffee mug warmer i can use to warm them up in place of an incubator. We’ll see how that goes. Thanks

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mug warmers get very hot though, something like 200 degrees. I think a heating pad would be better. Eggs need to be incubated at around 100 degrees and turned regularly, and have particular humidity requirements. They can go a while without being incubated (people mail live eggs all the time!). You can find a lot of info about incubating eggs online, including how to build a homemade incubator.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a lot of work to keep wild baby birds alive. Each kind of bird requires specific food. Also, depending on where you live, the laws may require that a person have a license to work with wildlife. A wildlife rescue gives these eggs and babies the best chance of survival. I recently rescued a quail but had to turn her over since she is a wild bird. The good news is that she survived and is doing very well. I think you are wonderful for doing all you can to save these babies! :clap2::goldstar: Beautiful eggs! I hope they hatch!