Found Raw Co-op

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know some of you live in the San Francisco Bay area. By chance, do any of you belong to San Francisco Raw? I had heard of it years ago when I had just started feeding raw but unti someone mentioned it to me yesterday I had forgotten.
I was just checking it out on -line and they seem to have incredible selection. I found ground and whole prey etc. When I saw 5 lbs ground whole carcass rabbit for $10, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Everything raised locally, no hormones, no antibiotic, pastured etc.
Just wondering if any of my raw feeding friend here at TCS have any experience with this place.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of it (although I am from the Bay Area originally, but didn't raw feed when I lived there), but i think raw co-ops are a secret gem and if you can find one in your area go for it! Of course, the bay area has a good reputation for food quality and local sourcing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of it (although I am from the Bay Area originally, but didn't raw feed when I lived there), but i think raw co-ops are a secret gem and if you can find one in your area go for it! Of course, the bay area has a good reputation for food quality and local sourcing.
I had found one in Fremont that is closer( I live in San Jose) but, I actually go to San Francisco often , my son lives there. This co-op has an $80 annual fee and you have to volunteer for 8 hours once a year. I can do that...going up there next weekend and will check it out. I love HT but, if I can find an array of proteins locally , I can just go up there a few times a year and stock my spare freezers. Crossing my fingers it is as good as their web site makes it seem.