Found pregnant cat

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, advantage for dogs is exactly the same as for cats. Same with revolution.

However, K-9 Advantix is deadly to cats, this is dog specific due to it's pyrethrins.

Bayer makes both products, I sure wish they would print the warning on advantix in much larger, bold letters that it is dangerous to cats.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll be going to get Advantage II for dog tomorrow.
Mom gets 1 ml?
Babies get a q tip size? They are 8 weeks.
I bathed the 4 week Olds in dawn and picked off two adult fleas.
I saw only the two on them. I know they can't have advantage yet.
I'll just keep picking and vacuuming as far as they go.
I don't see a lot on the others. But I found a few while combing today.

The 4 week old babies are fully litter trained, but still uninterested in mush.
They are playing with the others so I know everyone needs treatment for the fleas. :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, 1 mL for mom. The eight-week-olds can have .25 mL apiece, and you can put a q-tip amount on the two babies. Repeat in two weeks. If you draw it out with a tiny syringe you can cap the tube and have leftovers. One doggie tube treats 4 adult cats.

Be sure you get Advantage not Advantix - two different products and Advantix is toxic on cats!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, for advantage, mom if she is a good full size and not a tiny thing, she will need 0.8 mls.

8 week olds can have 0.3 mls, 4 week olds, put 2 drops on a table, and swipe up with your fingertip, that amt is perfect.

Be sure you get the size that says for EXTRA LARGE DOGS. These are 4.0 mls each, so it will last :)

Last edited:

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, thank you so much, I'm trying to stay on top of it before it gets crazy.
I have picked through everyone. I don't see any more. But I know there are more.

All the kittens were sexed,
All girls.
Even the babies.
The newest one ( where the fleas came from) is a boy. He seems to open his mouth a lot. It's kind of weird. I'm hoping to pass him to a rescue where he can be fully vetted. He seems pretty healthy.
The only thing I noticed is he sleeps a lot. He's about 8 or 9 weeks old. After I got the fleas off of him I see improvement in litte amounts.

Skye as Sookie have been getting out of their box. It's a deep tub, it's big enough to play and sleep in, but they have found a way to get out once in awhile. KitKat laid down and tried calling them. She cleaned them a bit.
She would have let them nurse, but they won't. They only want the bottle.
She will lay at the door to that room and watch all day.
If they get out, she comes and gets me.
She even tried to take off with Skye, but she was not having it, she cried until KitKat brought her to me.

Last edited:

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Skye does not appear to be blind.
In my opinion she does have some vision issues.
They now hang out with us most of the day.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh they are too precious. If there's anything cuter than a kitten, I don't know what it is. 

Are you going to find homes for these 2 little sweeties? 

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh they are too precious. If there's anything cuter than a kitten, I don't know what it is. :9:

Are you going to find homes for these 2 little sweeties? 
The lady who has been helping financially has said she may adopt them.
If she doesn't we will keep them.
My husband has bonded with them so much.
They follow us around like ducklings.
He will not let them go to anyone but her.
I call him daddy duck.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are so cute! And your Daddy Duck sounds like a keeper :).

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's the biggest reason that i could never foster kittens. I wouldn't be able to let them go. i'd find any reason to turn an adopter down. 

'I'm sorry. I cannot allow you to have the kitten. You wore white after labor day and your purse doesn't match your shoes so you're clearly a danger to society." 

Daddy Duck is definitely a keeper. Any man who loves cats is good in my book. It's a sign of character and of course, good taste. 

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's the biggest reason that i could never foster kittens. I wouldn't be able to let them go. i'd find any reason to turn an adopter down. 

'I'm sorry. I cannot allow you to have the kitten. You wore white after labor day and your purse doesn't match your shoes so you're clearly a danger to society." :lol3:

Daddy Duck is definitely a keeper. Any man who loves cats is good in my book. It's a sign of character and of course, good taste. :clap:
That made me lol
I think with them being bottle fed, it's more like your baby.
They had a rough start. I'd feel like no one would love them the same.

As for my husband, yeah he is a big softie. Four kids, changed diapers like a pro from day one. He is a good guy.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

'I'm sorry. I cannot allow you to have the kitten. You wore white after labor day and your purse doesn't match your shoes so you're clearly a danger to society." 

Daddy Duck is definitely a keeper. Any man who loves cats is good in my book. It's a sign of character and of course, good taste. 
I have heard this countless times since having a rescue group.

I experienced the very same with my first fosters years ago.

You go in to fostering with the mindset that, we are their bridge, their pathway to a better life, allow them to 'borrow' your homes and care for a while, and when they are big enough, strong enough, and healthy enough to be set free, know that because of you, your care and generous kind heart, each kitty will now be able to live many, many years of the right kind of life that every single one of them deserves.

Not only have you made this good life possible, by saving them you also will change many human lives as well, as we all know, pets greatly affect our lives. Allow another the gift of a kitty for many years, to love, for comfort, and companionship. 

It's okay that they will be passed on to another to live out their lives, because there are SO many more waiting to be saved and put on that path for a good life too, so many. Without you, who will be there to help get them to it?

My heart is filled with kittens and cats, I couldn't begin to count. Every one leaves a paw print in a piece of my heart, and knowing I made them have that good life, and gave happiness to people who adopted each of them, is extremely fulfilling and so rewarding.

It's okay that they move on for their lives when I'm done, we had our special bond, never to be forgotten.

Some I cry when they get adopted, especially the ones who were in very bad shape and took a longer time to make well and prepare them, or who were waiting to be killed at the shelter, or who would have died if not for them finding me to save them, but that's okay. 

Once they go, you do get over it, it's really not like losing one of our own. You accept and move on to the next who, without you to help them, will be left behind, never knowing love and care and comfort.

Something to think on......  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do have a a foster kitty- Henry- but he's a permanent foster from a local shelter. He's become quite the character since he decided to come out of his safe room after being in there for 6 months - 5 of which the door was open and he could come and go as he chose. he just chose not to. 

Here he is in the big cat tree in the living room. he loves the top platform best of all. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Aww! I adore big black boys!! Girls too actually, I love blacks!
I love them too. I've always been drawn to black cats.  he's an angel. So sweet and loving. he takes a lot of crap from the girls- especially Lilith who is half his size but loves to remind him daily that she is the alpha cat in the house. she'll chase him back into his room and then strut back out with her tail held high and all fluffed out like a peacock. she's never mean to him though. she spent so much time in his room with him before he decided to venture out and she gives him lots of head butts when she thinks I'm not looking. 

Sophie likes to play stalk and pounce with him. he never sees her coming either. it's pretty funny. She is pretty small though. he's got about 6 pounds on her or so. 

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our Mom cat is black.
I love the sleek look they have. I call her ms panther, she looks so bad a** slinking around the house.

It's hard to think about giving up the babies, but in order for everyone to have the best life,they need to move on. I don't want them to go one at a time though. The two babies need to be together.

I will foster again, but it will be through a rescue or I'll start my own.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our Mom cat is black.
I love the sleek look they have. I call her ms panther, she looks so bad a** slinking around the house.

It's hard to think about giving up the babies, but in order for everyone to have the best life,they need to move on. I don't want them to go one at a time though. The two babies need to be together.

I will foster again, but it will be through a rescue or I'll start my own.
That's the best way to do it, and rescues always welcome new fosters, I know I sure do!

They will get dewormed, flea meds, vaccines, spayed/neutered, testing and microchips, so they are all set for their lives.

Plus if they need any medical care we have our own vets :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have a a foster kitty- Henry- but he's a permanent foster from a local shelter. He's become quite the character since he decided to come out of his safe room after being in there for 6 months - 5 of which the door was open and he could come and go as he chose. he just chose not to. 

Here he is in the big cat tree in the living room. he loves the top platform best of all. 

He's beautiful.