Found Outside the Butcher Shop

am.kairos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found this cute little girl left alone looking for shelter outside a butcher house. I got her all cleaned up, eating regular kitten food with bone broth because she was very malnourished. She's doing great but her color is very unique to what I've seen growing up. What do we think she is?

Attachments

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet little kitten. And a fortunate one to be found by you!

Might could be she has a fever coat, pigment did not develop properly while she was in the womb. It will grow out as she develops, especially with the excellent care you are providing.

She does look young enough that some KMR (kitten milk replacer) in addition to regular kitten food might be a good idea.

Have you decided on a name for her yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

am.kairos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a sweet little kitten. And a fortunate one to be found by you!

Might could be she has a fever coat, pigment did not develop properly while she was in the womb. It will grow out as she develops, especially with the excellent care you are providing.

She does look young enough that some KMR (kitten milk replacer) in addition to regular kitten food might be a good idea.

Have you decided on a name for her yet?
I was giving her formula for the first 2 days but I stopped. Maybe I'll start back up. We named her Squirt because the first time my boyfriend held her, she pooped all down the front of him.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was giving her formula for the first 2 days but I stopped. Maybe I'll start back up. We named her Squirt because the first time my boyfriend held her, she pooped all down the front of him.
I agree, its fever coat, it will go away with time.

And yeah, she seems pretty young. Eyes are still baby blue. I presume momma had to carry several, but forgot her, or got scared and left without.

Goats milk is cheaper than kmr... You can always use this.

Tx for helping the little one.