Found Kitten

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I found a young kitten in our wood pile outside this afternoon. I'm guessing it is around 6-8wks old. It's horribly cold here, so I brought it in and wrapped it in a warm towel. Once it's body temp.was good, I offered food and it ate well. I'm feeding Chicken Soup for the Kitten Soul. It's running around happy and already using the litter box. I will be keeping this sweetie, but I'm curious. Can someone tell me if it's a male or female? Don't mind the silly pic, the Kitten was loved being petted in such a goofy position..lol.. It was purring like crazy.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you ♡ Now to come up with a name for our little sweetheart ♡♡ Sounds great about food, will do ♡

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awe, thank you ♡ He is such a sweet kitty ♡ I took him up to our neighbors (they have several outside cats). Turns out he is the kitten they had go missing, they were beyond thankful he was ok. They are a couple in their 80's, and have several outside cats, one female who isn't fixed. This was one of her kittens. They asked me if I'd care for it, since they are tired alot, and just wanted him in a good home. Of course I said I would ♡ I'm soo attached to him already, we named him Felix ♡

Attachments

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a little cutie! you may suggest they get the female spayed, as its a reproductive machine. You are in Wisconsin....darn cold...cats outdoors in winter borders on cruel. The owners are at an extreme age....though Felix has been saved... a repeat of this very situation should be avoided at all costs. You should take it upon yourself to speak to them regarding spaying/neutering.

Also concerning THEY didn't go to YOU and other neighbors when the baby went missing..reinforcing my point. They are elderly and frankly, with all due respect...slacking...by allowing unchecked reproduction.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I’m glad you know where he came from. Do you know if there are others from his litter? Please do offer to help get mom spayed if you can.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a cutie! Thank you for spaying him! Maybe you could contact a rescue group about helping with their cats.