Found Injured Or Sick Cat.

Tara Jewell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found a cat on the side of the road near my house. He was freezing cold, thin, and couldn't use his hind legs well at all. We stopped, he let me pet him, pick him up, and bring him home. We warmed him up, gave him water and food and he ate like he was starving. He slept on my lap for a few hours. After a while, I got him up as I was about to go to bed. I was bringing him to the little area we had set up nicely just for him and I sat him down and noticed he seemed to be a little less balanced than before and maybe a bit weaker in his front legs. I figured he had had a long day and needed some more energy so I let him rest. Early this morning, he was meowing very very loudly and seemed to almost be seizing up. Now he won't hardly move his front legs either. I don't know if he has epilepsy, was hit by a car and got some spinal damage, or what could have happened to the poor thing. He's such a sweet cat and I wish I could have taken him to the vet right away but they're closed all weekend. Any ideas on what could be wrong or what I can do until I get to see the vet tomorrow? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tara Jewell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found him yesterday evening at about 5:30

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there an emergency vet in the area? If you call any regular vet hospital's phone number, you most likely will get a an after hours message telling you who to call for emergencies.

Tara Jewell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to add, I checked him over and couldn't see any external injuries except for one - about an inch or two down his tail (so still fairly close to the base), there was a bump like a knot. When I looked at it, it wasn't a different color from the rest of his skin. But it did have what looked like a puncture mark right in the middle. Other than that, his tail seemed fine. But that was the only injury on the outside I could find.

Tara Jewell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there an emergency vet in the area? If you call any regular vet hospital's phone number, you most likely will get a an after hours message telling you who to call for emergencies.
I wish. Unfortunately the one they recommend is in Verona and that's hours away.

Ashes.armadda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you discovered what it is by chance?
I just noticed my kitten has a bump an inch up her tail (closer to bum than tip).
It almost feels like a very large tail bone but just the one segment. Shes only four n a half months old and she just saw a vet last week...
But when she walks and flipps her tail from side to side shes always made me gigle because it just looks too long for her body! I dont know if that has anything to do with the lump or not.
I plan to inspect it better when i get done helping my brother.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you discovered what it is by chance?
I just noticed my kitten has a bump an inch up her tail (closer to bum than tip).
It almost feels like a very large tail bone but just the one segment. Shes only four n a half months old and she just saw a vet last week...
But when she walks and flipps her tail from side to side shes always made me gigle because it just looks too long for her body! I dont know if that has anything to do with the lump or not.
I plan to inspect it better when i get done helping my brother.
Hello and welcome to the site! This thread is two years old so I’m not sure you’ll get an answer. Why don’t you start a thread of your own so our members can help?

Good luck!