Found a kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

johnboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i know where the guy lives, he only lives a few doors up from me and there is a wee ad in the shop window as well.

johnboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A happy ending to the kitten story, it's back home with it's rightful owners. My next door neighbour took it in on Saturday and when the guy was going round the doors he got the kitten back from my next door neighbour.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurray for the GOOD NEWS!!
And bless your neighbor for taking in the little fellow! sounds like you all have a wonderful caring community. But,,,it does seem to me that you have a cat-size hole in your life that might need some filling
As for your dog, you could do some research into how to get him to accept a cat. Remember, above all, you are the pack leader & what you want GOES!!! I don't know if your area gets it, but National Geographic channel has "The Dog Whisperer" show, and that guy gets incredibly great results from the worst dog behaviors imaginable, and his basic tenet is to use dog psychology, that "a dog thinks like a dog" no matter how cute or small or how much we humans want to treat our dogs like babies - he claims that dogs benefit more from discipline than affection, which is how pack animals are, it makes them secure.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I'm so happy for the kitten and it's owner! I sure hope the owner keeps it indoors so this doesn't happen again!!!

johnboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Hurray for the GOOD NEWS!!
And bless your neighbor for taking in the little fellow! sounds like you all have a wonderful caring community. But,,,it does seem to me that you have a cat-size hole in your life that might need some filling
As for your dog, you could do some research into how to get him to accept a cat. Remember, above all, you are the pack leader & what you want GOES!!! I don't know if your area gets it, but National Geographic channel has "The Dog Whisperer" show, and that guy gets incredibly great results from the worst dog behaviors imaginable, and his basic tenet is to use dog psychology, that "a dog thinks like a dog" no matter how cute or small or how much we humans want to treat our dogs like babies - he claims that dogs benefit more from discipline than affection, which is how pack animals are, it makes them secure.
You wouldn't say it's a wonderful caring community if you seen the place! Nah only joking, it's not a particularly nice area but it does have some old fashioned values, ie people care about animals and their neighbours etc.

You're right about having a cat-size hole in my life, everytime I see a cat on the tv it makes me want one even more. I've always had cats, I grew up with them all my life and last year I got a dog (my wife's choice).

Funnily you should mention the dog whisperer program, that came on today and we started watching it but the wife turned it over for Emmerdale catch up or something.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn! The Dog Whisperer is a great show! I hope that you get a chance to watch it soon! As for your neighborhood, my house would shock all but the most decadent 3rd World communities! But the property is awesome; just like paradise, almost, so I put up with it.
I've always had cats, too. Even when I lived in places that they weren't allowed, cats would come by to visit. My husband's mom prefers dogs, so he was so surprised at how loving & social my cats are - my cats come when called, or at least meow when we say their name; they interact well with the chickens, too, go for walks with us, etc.
I have 2 dogs who attack cats, and I haven't had the time to work with them, so I have to keep the dogs outside in a large pen. It's very hard for me, because my previous dogs loved their cats, and they all slept in the bedroom with me - I feel so safe & well-guarded!

johnboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My old cat used to interact with chickens as well...

Usually freshly cooked chicken drumsticks!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by johnboy

My old cat used to interact with chickens as well...

Usually freshly cooked chicken drumsticks!
Mine stalks the neighbor's poorly-penned ones through the window when they walk into our yard. They're bigger than he is. I say that his stomach is bigger than his brain.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Many cats like drumsticks, lol

I am thrilled to hear about the kitten!! How wonderful it is back home! Bravo to your neighbourhood!