Found A Friendly Pregnant Stray Cat!!

Vanna234

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I was sitting outside of my apartment when i saw a black kitty under my car. I immediately went inside to get her some food and left it on the floor. Instead of going to eat the food she came up to me and started purring and let me pet her. I took her inside and put her in a separate room where I gave her food and water. In the morning I decided to go and take her to the Humane Society where ai was told they had no space and that I had to take her to the Animal Services. I called Animal Services and asked how that worked. They told me if the cat had a microchip(which they scanned for and didn’t find anything) they would return her to her owner. If she didn’t have a microchip they would either spay her if she was too early in her pregnancy or find her a foster home. Now she was Pregnant and I could feel her babies moving in her tummy, her boobies were big almost lactating. I left her there and took her info so I could call back. They told me to call in a week, now I’m debating if I did the right thing. They told me thay no matter what shelter I would take her in they would send her to their facility so she could be checked and see if she was healthy and friendly. She was the sweetest kitty and I do not want her to die. Did I do the right thing or did I drive her to her death? If you guys think she would be euthanized can i go back and ask if I could foster her? I don’t have the money to afford her vet but if they helped me then i would definitely foster her until she gave birth.