Found 4 newborns, need help and advice !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meow me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, living in Miami, FL for
Kalikat, great advice, thanks !
I've been burping them, but pooping is still not how it should. They finally went poop this morning, but took them over 24 hours... Liquid parafin, I think I'll try that.
Do you remeber the amount of milk your kitty used to drink each bottle time?
I am not sure what to expect, but both of them drink about 20ml each time, and they seem happy...

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the babies are darling, and you are a very great person. Rescuing helpless little animals is the best!

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how long you have had them, but I worried about the pooping with my most recent orphans too. I think sometimes it just takes some time for their little bodies to adjust to the formula. I didn't get the first poop until 24 hours and some close to 2 days, after that, it was very regular from there.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just keep in touch withyour vet about the pooping. I know I had to take my George in for help a couple of times, but since the diet is all liquid at this point it's no reason to get alarmed in my opinion if they don't have a bowel movement in 24 hours. They are adorable and bless you for taking care of them. I remember how exhausting it can be (especially if you work full time)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meow me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, living in Miami, FL for
Thanks all for the tips and great support. I am so glad I found this place!
I've been reading other threads too, and I think a lot of you are very experienced people about cats, some are rescuers, others maybe breeders ?
I just realized I just jumped right in with a bunch os questions, no introductions.. I am a photographer, live in Miami FL, have one daughter, one boxer dog, one grey tabby rescued from the city shelter, and we are still looking for our other cat, a beautiful siamese mix that dissapeared exactly a month from today. WE will be movinf by the end of this coming week, so my house is a lot messier than normal!

Abouth this forum, where can I find thech info about it's features? I wanted to know what these cute little icons some people have mean, how to have an avatar, a signature. etc., but I don't want to bug anyone about this.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! You sound like a wonderful mommy for those kittens. About the pooping thing, check with your vet first, but you may want to put a little bit of mineral oil on their tongue to move things along. But, I'm not sure with kittens that young. I've bottle fed, but they have always been a few weeks old so I'm not sure when the pooping actually starts.

You can get an avatar by going to User CP. You have more options the more you post. The signature, you can go to the technical forum, and post pictures and someone will make it for you (or, if you are familiar with photoshop you can do it yourself). The little icons are gifts people can buy for you through vbPlaza.

Make yourself at home. This is a great site, and I can't wait to see the kittens grow up!