Fostering, going on Week 3

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going on my third week of fostering one of two adult sister cats. (My friend is fostering the other one.) She's starting to like me (I think) but still hisses at my two neutered male cats. I think one of them is afraid of her (which sort of breaks my heart, as he went over the years from extremely skittish fella to very loving cat, and I think he's heading back toward skittishness). The other one was lovesick for about a week but after being hissed at regularly, he seems to be totally over her.

We're still hoping someone will adopt the two sister cats. I hate to put the one who's with me through another adjustment, but I also feel like the fairest thing is for her to reunite with her sister. Is that right? Also, my place is very tiny, and I don't want my oldest cat to develop psychological problems from being somewhat bullied. (I think because she's a girl they're taking s--- from her that they wouldn't take from another boy cat!)

Originally, we were hoping a very good local no-kill shelter would take the two girls as soon as some room opened up (I think the chances of them being adopted together increase if they're seen together), but again, I'm worried about her having to readjust. Is the reunion of the two sisters more important than their temporary discomfort at being moved again so soon?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, what about my thread?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't read about these two cats without bursting into tears, so cannot think about it long enough to give you any help. I'm sorry.

Hopefully someone more experienced in rescue and adoption can offer some useful advice.