Foster Kitten Conjunctivitis

vneidell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello - I took in an orange tabby mama Autumn and her two little orange girls for my rescue a little over a week ago. One of the kittens, Butternut, had a cold when she came to me. The other one, Pumpkin, was fine. I've been giving Butternut her meds. The other kitten Pumpkin started getting a squinty eye by the middle of the week last week.

I contacted the rescue, and I was able to get Pumpkin to the vet on Friday. She was just squinty and had a little discharge. They gave me some oitment to give to her 3 times a day.

Let's just say Pumpkin hates the ointment, and her eye seems to look worse to me It's all pink now, and she keeps it closed half of the time. I don't understand how it goes from looking not bad to horrible after the vet gives me meds.

Do I just keep up with the ointment a couple of times a day and assume it will make things better? It's a struggle, and I feel so bad. She knows I'm the eye person and stays away. After 4 days, her eye still looks awful.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was my question, as well. If you haven't yet, give them a call, and tell them that the symptoms are actually worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vneidell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I did call the vet, and they think she might be rubbing off the meds. So I’m picking up a cone. Cone of shame.