Foster Cat Won’t Go Into Labor?

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am currently fostering a momma cat who is around 8-9 months old :( and she is showing all signs of labor but NOTHING!! She is very underweight as it is, and I’ve had her for a week now trying to fatten her up some! Her babies have slowed down and I can feel them mainly around her hips! She had the milky white show on Friday which was 5 days ago today, and on Monday she had the rest of the plug which looked like white snot. Her stomach feels round and like someone blew it up like a balloon.. and she definitely got her milk in. She is sleeping, eating a ton, going poo constantly, and cleaning herself all day. This goes on repeat 24/7. She’s been in the nest 2x but she’s all over the room and can’t decide what she’s doing! She’s definitely dropped also! What do you think? Especially since she had the show 5 days ago? Thank you!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for fostering her! The mucus plug can be lost up to a week before delivery, so it could still be a little bit longer. Do you know when she mated?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our area was affected by Hurricane Michael and the people who had her recently sold their house and left her behind outside. Someone was able to catch her with food last week and I’ve had her since.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking her in! As said above the plug can be lost before labour,9sometimes way before) the best indicator of everything being well is her acting normally. It sounds like she is. If she is having trouble she will most likely hide, refuse to eat or drink, or be constantly crying and pacing. You can't hurry mother nature!

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m thinking my foster cat is having contractions.. she lost her plug on Sunday.. and her stomach has been very hard. Most of the time it feels like a bowling ball, but there are other times that it gets so tight I can feel the babies and her bones.. is that considered a rippling contraction?

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are still pregnant. Lost our plug a week ago!!! I haven’t been doing rectal temps on her but I did it under her leg just to compare it day by day and today she’s down to 97.5 so even if it isn’t completely accurate, I can see her cooling down!!

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my pregnant foster started with random contractions last night and tossed her nest around.. she also hasn’t lost her appetite and threw up everything she ate last night. We lost the plug last Sunday. Is she close to labor? I’m afraid to leave her alone.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is probably laboring. Not all cats lose their appetites, so that is not an accurate indicator. Stay close and hang in there. She’ll have them soon!

GinnyWeasley GinnyWeasley

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really thought she was in pre labor but I’m guessing not. She’s miserable though and her stomach is so big and hard. I’ve been fostering her for 2 weeks as of today, and since she got here I could feel the kittens so maybe soon. Just so she can get some relief

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s having this discharge but she can’t reach it to clean. And the urine is there also. I’ve been wiping it clean to help her. She’s in her nest all day and night so idk

Attachments

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep us updated! Thank you for rescuing mom cat! Hope things go well!

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Discharge is normal towards the end of pregnancy.
She’s been digging around the room and in her nests today.. she’s having a couple maybe contractions that I noticed But I'm worried she’s past due? I don’t know anything about her and they don’t want me going to the vet just yet... how long after crazy nesting do they go into labor? Found her doing it yesterday but today has been non stop. She’s either digging in it or laying in the nest, and only comes out to eat or potty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There’s no real timetable. She’s just following her hormonal instincts to get ready. She’s not past due. Be patient! :)

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There’s no real timetable. She’s just following her hormonal instincts to get ready. She’s not past due. Be patient! :)
I got home an hour ago and came in to her having contractions every 5 minutes. She’s sleeping in between them. How far apart do they need to be for pushing?