Forum name change!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In case anyone hasn't noticed this is now the "Raw and Home-Cooked Cat Food" forum. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah. Thanks! Who knows how long it would have taken me to notice that. 

And thank Anne, you and the other mods for pushing this change through so quickly! 

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a good idea.  It helps those of us that are fearful of  feeding raw meat but are willing to try cooked.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You're welcome! Now I'm going to have to get back into cooking pet food again. Mogli's gotten one or two cooked meals a week for the past few weeks and thinks he's in heaven.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, that was fast! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think this is a really good thing. Home cooking fits in so much better with the raw forum than the nutrition forum. I know a number of raw feeders don't actually make their food, as there are quite a few commercial options available now. But a lot of us that make our own supplement, and have put a lot of work into understanding how to make properly balanced food. So it just makes sense that questions about home made food - whether cooked or raw - are all in one place.

What a great resource for people who want to have control over their kitties diet but don't want to feed raw. :rub: Nice for everyone to share a "safe" place. :nod:

lcat4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the name change! I've been feeding my cats raw food for less than a year now and it's been so good for them, that when I started cooking certain meats (for Lewis' sake), I found myself feeling a little guilty. I shouldn't have, but I caught myself trying to justify (to myself) that home cooking was just as good. I was pretty much beyond the worry stage, mostly because my cats are so happy to eat their meals, but somehow the forum name change seals the deal. So thanks! :)

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree this is a good, even great, thing. Totally second everyone's comments so far.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Where've I been?  I had no idea this was even being discussed
.  Guess I'm going to have to re-train myself now with the new name when I tell people about this forum

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It does make a lot of sense.  Both raw feeders and home cookers are mostly interested in feeding whole, fresh foods.  I don't imagine that I will ever feed homemade cooked food, unless it turns out that it's actually BETTER, because, well, I do have a lazy bone, and it's just easier to feed raw.  Since I've heard that cooking destroys some ingredients, there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to do MORE work.  Plus, for some reason, the bacteria fears just haven't really hit me, so I've never really been uncomfortable with raw:  I deal with raw meat every time I cook for myself, and if the cat can digest it, what's there to worry about?  But I know my mom is really concerned about it and so are many other people, so having a safe place to discuss cooked whole, fresh foods is important, and I think it fits very well with the raw.