Force feeding cat, hopeless?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He does not seem to mind the subcu fluid treatments. It's our special treat time. Sometimes he gets impatient with it but he is very well behaved. His appetite is not great but he eats more when I am with him. We had a fun romp on the floor last night. He seems cheerful. He talks constantly and follows me everywhere. Our vet said it's amazing how he perks up at the sound of my voice. I guess near-death experiences will forge bonds. In a week or two we may be able to drop subcu down to every other day, if blood tests show he's doing well. But we'll have to keep "special treat time" because he begs for it. :) 

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for coming back and updating the thread.   This could prove useful to someone else down the line.   

Just wondering if Pan would vomit before he stopped eating?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He did not vomit. To date, he has not done so. Initially the URI hid the kidney disease. Once we got the URI cleared up, the symptoms of kidney failure showed us the underlying symptoms. Now that he is getting enough fluids he acts very normal.

raficat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has he been tested for FIP, Felv, and Fiv? Also, cats really depend on their sense of smell to stoke their appetite. His ability to smell his food may have been impacted. I'm so glad he is better! :)