For those that have cat being bullied

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cadie's box
As you all know a lots of kitten are sometimes too much for older cat.
So I've built a hiding place for Cadie , the entrance is magnetic so only a magnet collar can open the door.
Instant protection for bullied cat😉😀
Cadie's box.jpg

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be concerned if the door malfunctioned or if the magnet fell off and trapped the cat inside. Some of them don't work very well.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be concerned if the door malfunctioned or if the magnet fell off and trapped the cat inside. Some of them don't work very well.
Also wouldn't put it past some cats to defeat the door altogether with brute force. Slamming into it hard enough could break the latch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tough about it, she can just push the top away and get out

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also wouldn't put it past some cats to defeat the door altogether with brute force. Slamming into it hard enough could break the latch
So far so good

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it is lighter than it looks if she can just lift it up. Is it pine or a hardwood? Dimensions?

If you changed the type of door to one that doesn't lock it might make a nice enclosure for the cat box if the dimensions are right. Might even keep dogs out if it is heavy enough.

Probably the size of the box plus enough length to accommodate the door swing and high enough a cat can squat comfortably.

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess it is lighter than it looks if she can just lift it up. Is it pine or a hardwood? Dimensions?

If you changed the type of door to one that doesn't lock it might make a nice enclosure for the cat box if the dimensions are right. Might even keep dogs out if it is heavy enough.

Probably the size of the box plus enough length to accommodate the door swing and high enough a cat can squat comfortably.
That box sell in pet store, it is for cat. my kitten Minwi keeps going thru the door and get out thru the top. Right now the lock is off to let them get used to it.

AndyBr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Interesting. I bought the same thing but haven't used it yet (the cat I was going to use it for passed away). One of the concerns raised was that the cat-being-attacked would overuse it and spend all her time in there. Have you found that to be the case? Also, how did you train her to use it?

Thanks,

Andy

PS I had a similar idea as yours. In my case I have an old trunk that I'm thinking of using. My thought is to put it next to a window with the entrance on one side towards the interior of the house and put a piece of clear plastic on the other. The window seats seem to be a premium consideration for my cats.

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far, not going well, Cadie has a problem with going thru the door( took the door away and she goes in it)
I think she might find the door too small

AndyBr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FWIW, I trained my kitten on it first by making a makeshift cardboard box and serving her treats inside it. I had it without the batteries in first so she didn't have to worry about the timing. I also had to help her by holding it open (gradually doing less and less). To help her exit, I had to push the door in a bit, get it to swing the other way, catch it and pull it open for her. In short, I had to do it for her at the beginning and then do it less and less.

It helps that she's a kitten and crazy about those treats. I haven't tried it yet with my older cat, but I think she'll be harder to train.

You said she uses it without the door so you don't think it's the box, but maybe you could make it more inviting. My thoughts go to either an window view or a high perch (probably the former - can't see how the latter would work). I'm thinking of using a trunk that's fairly tall. I might also feed her in there. Anyways, that's how I'm thinking of doing it.

Andy