For the gravy lickers

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My previous cat, Lady Fat Cat was a gravy licker, my one now is a gravy licker. I've probably tried 90% of all the wet foods. Whats funny my mom is in the same boat her cat right now and the previous one are gravy lickers. Whats even funnier she puts the food out not even touched. Sometimes when I go over I put a new dish out, guess what only gravy licked but whats even funnier she liked the gravy for me and not my mom. I find it amusing even though food and money is being wasted. That's like me ordering roast beef and I only eat the gravy...🤣.

I'm curious who else out there have gravy lickers.

TGM2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep. My B loves Gravy Lovers because it's a lot of gravy, she'll also eat the food but first she licks all the gravy.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of the main reasons I don't buy the gravy stuff. I have low income and can't afford to waste food. My one cat hates the chunky canned food and won't even touch the gravy he just sniffs it and walks away.

Looking at the chunks though I can't say I blame the cats who just eat the gravy it resembles that pink slime that sometimes is used as fillers.

I wonder if putting the canned food in a blender and puree it would make a difference since it would all be the same texture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not just the gravy wet food, its all of them, the pate, chunky, shredded doesn't matter just the juice gets licked. I've done everything every which way puree, mixed with dry etc, nope only the juice gets touched. I was curious the other day what she would do with tuna...😳 nope only licked the liquid.

Do you know starving cats around the world would of ate it up in 1 bight I tell them. They just stick there tail up and walk away. 😎

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
All of mine will lick the gravy first, sometimes eat the food. This goes for any type of food, quality, etc. The local TNR group will not feed any gravy formulations for this reason, but as was stated, some cats will still try to lick the liquid and not eat the food.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could you get a blender, and blend it to smoothie consistency? You could slow boil chicken or any meat of your choice without seasoning or salt into a thick broth to add to it