For Sale

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Lol, I was watching the eclipse on the line of totality from near a university town. They were advertising that they were selling t-shirts in the bookstore that said "I saw the eclipse!", or something along those lines. I didn't get one though- I figured I could order a shirt online for half off after the fact. I'll be saving my glasses for 2024, though!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They say the plastic film will degrade after 3 years.

I feel like we need to find some other kind of use for these things.
I guess you could always wear them if you just... feel like looking at the sun for some reason. Or glue them to the wall as an art instillation.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard there is a group called Astronomers without Boarders that will take them to donate to another country. I didn't look into it fully. I think they said to go somewhere in Africa.
I thought this was a joke and almost fell over laughing. Then, not 5 minutes later, I saw a news clip about it.
It's real. Still laughing about it though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend's daughter's Girl Scout Troop is now collecting the glasses to send to Astronomers Without Boarders. My kids have been playing with our so they aren't all in perfect condition anymore. :rolleyes: