For Kiki

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My darling girl, I never imagined I could lose you so quickly. Friday morning, you didn't feel good, so we went to the vet. I picked you up Saturday morning and everything was supposed to be OK. When we got home, you were already having a problem, but I thought it was just the medication.
We went to the ER Sunday afternoon and it was already too late. The kind vet tried to help, but you were just too sick. I couldn't make you spend your last days in a hospital cage, and I knew I couldn't bring you home. By then, the pain was too overwhelming, and your body couldn't handle any more. I petted you and you still purred for me just before you crossed over. You purred even in that strange place with the strange smells. There were kind people helping me.
You're with your sisters across the rainbow bridge now. You can meet Patches and Sandy and join Tipper and Allison. I hope you have a warm basket to curl up in and toys to chase.
3 days ago, I had you on my lap, never thinking I could lose you so soon. I never thought I would lose you today when we went to the vet. I was so wrong. You took a piece of my heart with you, and you left part of yours with me. Your sisters will miss you, and there will be other purries. I will never forget you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kiki knew how much she was loved, and it meant everything to her to have you with her when she crossed the bridge. It's a final act of love that we can offer, though it breaks the heart to know they are leaving. The bond you formed will tie you together for eternity, she indeed left a piece of her heart for you to cherish and to remember her by. Use that and your precious memories to bring you comfort. Try to celebrate having her in your life, it was meant to be. A small part of your life's journey where you were joined and able to share a love that will never end. Now she is on a new journey, but she will always be close, ready to join you once again when your own journey ends. The more love's we share, the greater the reunion, the more happiness we build for our own heart to hold. She would never want you to have sadness in that heart where she now dwells in spirit, hold sunshine and happiness there to share with her once again.

Thank you for letting us know of this sweet little girl, she deserves no less.Give comfort and a kiss to those she left behind, they mourn for her too.  Let us share your pain so the burden is not so overwhelming, bless you for giving her such a good life. Take care.........RIP sweet Kiki, you will never be forgotten, and will always hold a place in a loving heart. Goodnight, sleep tight little princess, there are beautiful dreams ahead of you and love to keep you warm! 

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of this loss, you did a wonderful thing by loving her and taking care of her and she knew it and loved you too, that is why she purred at the vets even though she knew you were saying solong.  It surely does hurt so badly when we lose them, and no time is long enough with them, but I will leave you with something told to me when we lost Skipper last year at just age 7, "it is better to have a good short life than a long bad one". I hope that helps you even just a little, and I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day.

God Bless, take care.......

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tears here.

You were together to the last moment. Purring is love and love lasts for ever in the Rainbow realm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your support. Kiki left her paw prints on my heart and took a piece of me with her. Posting here has helped as well. The vet at the ER clinic here was very kind, and that helped a lot, too

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to read about Kiki.  Rest in peace, little one.  

millcats66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Kiki. We just lost one of ours a week ago. Miss her terribly, but grateful for what time we had with her. She was loved greatly and now will be missed the same.

Love them well, hold them long, cherish them forever! Everyone of them hold a special place in our hearts that can never be lost, taken or forgotten.

May Kiki's next journey be as fulfilling as this one was!